MFSL CDs: Dumb Questions

Researching an artist named Ted Hawkins. Looking at CDs on eBay. Noticed that one of his CDs was released as MSFL. Don't know much about that except that the quality is supposed to be high. (I actually thought it was only a vinyl thing). It is listed as MFSL UDCD 702 Ultradisc II 24kt Gold CD. They are going for around $35.

The regular CD is about $8.

So my question are: Is the MSFL quality on CD worth it? Will it play on a regular CD player? I'm assuming it is not a SACD.

Thanks for any assistance.

George

n80
A little off topic, Mandy Barnett covers Strange Conversation on her new disc (its also the title of the disc).  Saw her a week or so back, wonderful.  
Not a problem. The original question has been answered. Will look into the cover, sounds interesting.
The easy way to tell a MoFi CD from an SACD is the catalog number. CDs are UDCD-xxxx while SACDs are UDSACD-xxxx, where the xxxx is the issue number in the series. So, it's a Gold CD. The Silver CDs were MFCD-xxxx. UD is ultra disc and MF is Mobile Fidelity. None of the SACDs to my knowledge were ever gold.
I got the $5 Ted Hawkins CD of The Next 100 Years. The SQ is surprisingly good. Really enjoying the CD and glad I found it. His voice is amazing. I hear a little Ray Charles there, not as rich or as sweet as Ray, but it is certainly more haunting and with a genuine bluesy sadness to it. 

The Good and the Bad is simply brilliant; lyrics, arrangement, delivery...a complete package. Although, I heard Hawkins was not happy with the album and did not like the accompaniments and production. But I've also read that he was a bit hard to please in a lot of ways.