Vinyl System Upgrade Path Recommendations

Hey gang! New to the forum but I’ve been really enjoying reading through old threads. I would be interested in the community’s thoughts on a natural upgrade path for my system.

Current System:

• Pioneer PL-530 w/ Audio Technica AT 13 Ea
  • Apt Holman Preamplifier
  • Eico ST-70 (using as a power amp, line in)
  • Totem Arros

I listen to a wide variety of genres but with an emphasis on jazz and more recently classical. Overall the system performs well. I’m getting a good warmth for my taste and decent detail.

Moving forward I’d like to pull a little more clarity and separation out, but not create a clinical reproduction. I do dig the warmer sound. I’m also interested in trying to reduce background noise and pops/clicks. I’m already big on cleaning my LPs which has helped a ton, but I’m curious where to invest next.

I’ve also started listing more on headphones (Schiit Jotunheim + Hifiman HE400i) where I notice even more background noise.

So what do think? Better stylus / cartridge? Different TT? Alternative phono stage? Cables… ?

I try to be conservative with my spend (everything I own was purchased used), but I’m not afraid to shell out where appropriate.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

128x128designtaylor
@kahlenz - I've been looking at th4 Mani. I'm very happy with the headphone amp I have from Schiit and the reviews on the Mani are outstanding. At $130, gotta be worth a try. 

@nkonor - Thanks for the info on possible events to attend. I will get those on the calendar. Used to live in Chicago myself. Winter is coming ;) 
Record cleaning should be the last thing you think about.  The difference between a clean record with just a wipe from a  microfiber cloth and a fancy vacuum system is minimal.
A good headphone with a dedicated amp offers sound that rivals multi-thousand dollar speakers.  ...a great way to get excellent sound on the cheap.
@stringreen - I've been really enjoying my Hifiman HE400i with Schiit Jotunheim amp. The sound is strong, acurate, and exciting. But I still enjoy listening to speakers a little more. 
You can only go so far with your equipment. A New cart will help tremendously. Playing clean records help.I was using Dishwasher brushes and fluid since 1973.I have always kept them clean .Now in poly bags .Years ago they said plastic on albums was no good it would shrink and warp your lps. There were times you bought a new record and it had pops and clicks. Which really sucked.I have never washed a record in the sink ,or bought a $1,000 cleaning machine.I had sold off my records and bought collections...One guys daughter sold off his collect I bought 300 lps in plastic covers in mint condition. She told me he played them once just to record them on cassette.Another Lady sold me her boyfriend's collection  60 lps all imports in mint for $300 but I had to have them....but I have been taken to bought collections at nite ,only to find them all scratched.lol....live and learn...i sold off1,500 and bought back like 800....I now have plenty to play....