Luxman DA -06 Dac

Thinking of purchasing a Luxman DA-06 Dac. Going to hook a PS Audio Memory player to it and then analogue xlr to a Cary preamp. My question: anyone have knowledge of this Dac?
pennsy
I owned both units at the same time. Superb combo! Musical to the nth degree. The PS Audio unit can be had for as little as $1000 used. Great transport based on my experience. Not sure why phreher’s experience is so different from Charles and mine? I do know it happens all the time with great gear.  

Agree with Bill (grannyring) regarding opinion variance of audio components. No matter how excellent a component can sound to one listener invariably it will disappoint another. This is just a reality of the  High End audio experience . Pure subjectivity on display.
Charles
I initially used a Sound Science Diamond Music Vault server with my DA-06 and had excellent sound... but when my server starting having hard-drive problems (age related), I tried replacing it with the PS Perfectwave Transport (in large part because of the good reviews on Audiogon), but came away feeling the music was flat and lifeless.  I also tried an older CEC transport, and while it bettered the PS Memory player, it still fell short of the sound quality from my Sound Science computer server.  The Bluesound Vault 2 I have now is not as good as the Sound Science Server, but It's better sounding than the CEC and PS audio transports by a fair margin and provides greater flexibility at a great price.  My best digital source is a Audio 
Aero Reference CDP, but it's very pricey and the company sadly went belly-up in 2012.

If you do want to try a PS Audio Memory player, make sure you get one from a reseller with a good return policy (The Music Room / TMR) in case you don't like it.  

While I have not tried the Jays Audio Transport recommended by Twoleftears, I have heard great things about it and would give it a try if the dealer has a return policy.

BTW, I greatly respect the opinions of Charles1dad and Grannyring, as they are both generous, long time, reputable contributors to Audiogon.
@pdreher  These are very interesting findings. Can you share any other differences in your setup that might account for the differential evaluations? Thanks.
Hello pdreher,
Thanks for your kind comments directed toward me and Bill. I do not doubt your listening impression of the PS Audio Memory player in your system. It’s very interesting (even amusing) how audio products can span such a range of outcomes from one listener to another. You heard "flat and lifeless"". Bill and I heard exceptional musically engaging sound within our respective audio systems. As Bill succinctly put it, "it happens all the time with great gear". Oh so true.
Charles