BEST FEMALE VOCAL EVER

HELLO TO ALL...

I've started a BEST MALE VOCAL seperately - if you want to contribute to that, please go that discussion...

I personally think the BEST FEMALE is so much harder than the Best Male, and I already have so many names in mind that I thought I'd wait and see others suggestions.

SO PLEASE OFFER YOU HUMBLE OPINION - BUT PLEASE, offer only one.

THANKS to all who cotribute...
justvintagestuff

I really marvel at the range and power of Christina Aguilera, although the style/genre she chooses to engage in does nothing for me. Would be nice to hear her in a jazz trio, or quartet setting.

Holly Cole

Anne Wilson (early years)

Vanessa Fernandez

Grace Slick

Rebecca Pidgeon - Spanish Harlem, Patricia Barber, Holly Cole, Aimee Mann, Madeleine Peyroux, Nina Simone and Christy Baron.
Eydie Gorme', Linda Eder. These are the two best female singers that I have ever heard sing live. Gorme' had a voice that was awe inspiring, and the magnificent Linda Eder has been around for years - she should be a national treasure, but doesn't seek the lime light like the ass shaking, lip synching, auto tuned frauds that America adores and worships. Check out Gormes "Tonight I'll Sing a Prayer" and "What Did I Have That I Don't Have" to get an idea of what a real female vocalist sounds like. These are two of the very best in my opinion, both of whom possessed (Gorme'), and possess (Eder) incredible voices and I doubt that anybody else on this forum will mention them.
To my ear there is no better voice than Karen Carpenter. When I hear her sing it just blows my mind. Not a fan of the music but her voice just kills me. A close second would be Alison Krauss. I could listen to her sing forever. I'll throw out a jazz singer who is not often mentioned but whose smokey delivery I enjoy--Carol Sloane. 
Never one best.
Nina Simone, Melody Gardot, Lady Gaga,
Amy Winehouse, Karen Carpenter, kd Lang (live).