WHY DO SOME AUDIOPHILES THINK YOU ARE BRAGGING WHEN YOU ARE SHARING?

I have seen many people share what they have and what they have heard on audiogon and there are always a few people that come on with negative comments about the person bragging or,the put down the higher end gear that one is speaking about.  Why do you think that happens?
calvinj
"The connection with hi-fi becomes tenuous at a certain point..."
+1

Having a nice car or stereo system is not only for poseurs.
@stevecham@stereo5. I agree with y’all. I came on only to share my experiences. I’ve been on a unique journey the last 12 years. I have put together a great system at a price point I can afford based on the knowledge I’ve gained. I came on to,share the experiences and it seems like people take it as bragging. I’ve been able to try gear way out of my price range. I’ve been able to have long demos of equipment that I could only dream of owning and I’ve been exposed to a couple of guys who could afford the all out assault systems and I’ve gotten to have long extended listening sessions with them. I’ve developed relationships with people in this hobby that last for a lifetime. It seems like when I share my impressions or experience with gear the claws come out. I might mention how much something costs to give context but some folks think it’s bragging. It’s not I only want to share the impressions of gear that I’ve heard. Also I like to know what others have heard. All I see is a lot of bashing of gear that the bashers have never heard. Some will say it’s the way I phrase things but it’s not. It’s the way THEY read it. There is probably a snooty voice in there heads that reads out loud to them. I hate that the convo flushes into YOU PAID TOO MUCH SO WHAT MY VINTAGE GEAR IS BETTER! But on audiogon that seems to be the case. It turns into you must be a show out etc.  That’s crazy to me cause even though I have quite a bit invested in my system it’s really nothing compared to other guys I know. It would take a lot to wow me in terms of costs because it’s not about that for me. I have nice stuff so what I’m not the only one. I’m only interested in finding the best gear you can get to satisfy your listening tastes. It just turns into a bash party for smarty pants people or the insecure and it shouldn’t be that way. 
"Some will say it’s the way I phrase things but it’s not. It’s the way THEY read it. There is probably a snooty voice in there heads that reads out loud to them."
Oh, my, they tried to give you a way out. You read it against them. It just turned into a bash party for smarty pants people or the insecure and it shouldn’t be that way.
tomic601, I love that car.

I drive a mostly unmodified Nissan 350z. Roll bar, race seats, harnesses, HANs, all that. I'm a driving instructor. Would love to feel real grip and real torque....all it takes is money.
People make choices, so why not to respect them. If people ask for an advice, provide it to your best ability, after all we are all chasing the same goal, having the best sound within a given environment, and within a given price class. Often it has been mentioned here that you need to create a good acoustical environment first, which is something not easy to achieve. Lots of good advises online, but still the many variables will also dictate the complexity of acoustics. The fact remains that expensive gear in a bad acoustical environment will not perform to their best ability. Many people only know expensive equipment from audio shows, where the equipment is demonstrated in hotel rooms, or hotel conference rooms. People will return home frustrated, as the expensive equipment didn't perform well. Others have tried it at home, compared it to their equipment, but in the same bad acoustical environment. It didn't make much difference indeed, so it's understandable that people say "expensive equipment is way overpriced". However, there are some people who are willing to go the extra mile, get the listening room as good as possible, and spent some extra money. They will get the satisfaction they were looking for. Should these people be condemned? I don't think so, I'm happy for them. Sometimes I read that "I can have a better sound with my $ 2K equipment in my acoustical correct listening room than others with their $ 20K in their acoustical incorrect listening room, which may be true....however please realize that should they put the $ 20k equipment in the same acoustical correct room, it will outperform the $ 2k equipment. Just don't expect it to be by factor 10. We all know that.