Is the Vinyl Revival well and growing?

I never gave up on vinyl. October 1988, I bought my LP12. We were being told CDs were perfect sound forever. People were dumping their vinyl. Thankfully, I cleaned the best that I could find. Now, TTs at all price points are coming on the market. Is the the vinyl revival real and where will we end up?

nkonor
My young niece recently bought a turntable, so I would say the revival is real when somebody younger than CDs takes up vinyl. I have not, however, found any difficulties finding 1960/70s music or older jazz at flea markets or garage sales because millennials tend to sleep in on weekends.šŸ˜Š
I'm dabbling in it now. Not real sure why. Nostalgia maybe?Ā 

One reason that compels me a little toward vinyl is that the quality of CDs by newer artists can be poor while the vinyl seems to have better production quality.

For the first time in probably 35 years I recently bought a couple of used albums. One was $20 and the other was $30. Both were listed as VG+....for what that's worth. Anyway, both have audible clicks and pops. Very mild and not constant. I don't know enough about vinyl to know if this is acceptable or not. When all we had was vinyl some of that was to be expected at the level of equipment I had available so I never thought anything of it. (Would cleaning help that? I don't know.) My point in all this is that if that is not acceptable I would be reticent to buy more used vinyl at those prices as it seems like a gamble.

As a side note, my wife picked up two LPs out of the discount 80's bin for $10 each. They have fewer clicks and pops but they are newer than the ones I bought (early 70s) and look like they were never played.

Seeing a common LP (one that I own) priced at $60 in who knows what condition, lead me to conclude my LPĀ collection (somewhere around 3500-4000 titles)Ā is worth a fair chunk-o-change. My CD's (around 3500), not so much. In preparation for my major move a couple years back, I went through my Classical CD's, pulling out 1,000 titlesĀ IĀ decided I couldĀ live without. Amoeba Music didn't want them, at any price. I then took them to Atomic Records in Burbank (a great little two-brother-owned record shop), who gave me a buck apiece for them. And they were good titles!
The young hipsters driving sales are not in it for the finer audio experience and thus canā€™t be counted on to carry the flame. They will move on to the next ā€œtangibleā€ audio experience...wax cylinders?
bdp24, that's part of the reason this new audiophile is buying CDs like crazy. I'm getting good recordings of good titles for an average of about $5 on eBay including shipping. That's half what you'd pay for MP3 stuff on iTunes. I realize they are cheap because not many people want them anymore.

It takes more financial commitment to get into vinyl. New vinyl is selling between $20 and $35 as long as it isn't a special release or special pressing.