Best bookshelf speakers

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a pair of good bookshelf speakers and since a lot of you here seems to know about speakers much more then me, I figured I'd ask for advice.

Here are the parameters I'm working with / looking for:

- The room is about 1200 cu/ft
- Looking for great performance at low volume
- Rich timbre
- Rich, warm bass
- Natural highs (not metallic-sounding)
- Low frequency range in around 40Hz (preferably 30Hz, but I know, there are hardly any in this range at my price point)
- $500 - $700, new or used

So far I am considering the following options (in no particular order):

- KEF Q350
- Dali Zensor 3
- Canton Chrono 503.2
Wharfedale Diamond 225

So my questions are:

1) From my list of 4, which would be your choice?
2) What other bookshelf speaker would you add to the list that fir my parameters?

Any thoughts are appreciated
rado001
Your criteria is pretty exacting for a $500-$700 pair of speakers, but the speakers that come closest in my experience are either of the stand-mounted speakers from the GoldenEar Aon series, either the Aon 2 or Aon 3. 

Features include:

• Bass extension to 38 or 42 Hz, depending on model. Each speaker has a pair of passive radiators, which extend the bass and raise the output. When I was listening to a demo at a "Music Matters" event, people were looking for or asking where the subwoofer was. There was none. That's how linear the bass extension is.
  • Sensitivity of 88 or 90 dB with 1 watt input
  • Best of all, these have a sensitive, organic, articulate treble without a trace of harshness. They use a Heil-type folded ribbon tweeter, which has a much larger radiating surface than a typical dome, and is not subject to harsh-sounding overshoot, "oil-canning", or metallic-sounding resonances of metal dome tweeters. These are some of the most natural-sounding tweeters I've heard. And they do cymbals just fine.
Retail price is about $800/pr for the Aon 2 and $1K/pr for the Aone 3, which means you could probably hit your budget if you find a used pair. If not, $800 for an Aon 2 pair is just $100 over your budget.

Here's a Stereophile review of the Aon 2.

Wharfedale Denton, to some it's even more listenable than the famous KEF LS50, with your budget the Denton could be the last best speakers you will ever need, prepare a better clean power amp for it.
I think there is a lot of good quality parts that go into the Focal line of speakers and they sound very good. Good prices are available on new and referbished units.
+1 lak. The Focal Chorus 706 are now sold new for $550. I have a pair in a secondary system. They fit your room size well. Have a very articulate midrange and treble, doesn't go as low as you are looking for ( at your budget this is expecting too much), however very satisfactory bass for a small room. Image and soundstage well.