How can anyone want more......Just a very happy listener.

I have recently listened to the best of Genesis, Dire Straits, Krall, Sinatra, Presley, Miles, Keb Mo, Floyd, Zep, Stones, and so much more, and I am so happy with my system. Why do people need to spend 40K on speakers, and, the same on amplification. Equipment : Modified Adcom GDA 700. Luminous Audio Walker passive , Nuforce STA 200, Modified Klipsch Lascalas, and powered subs ( a secret ). There is absolutely nothing, at this particular time, that I want more of. I have Dynamics, Tone, Coherence, Prat, Imaging, the whole shebang. I sit 10 ft from the speakers, and, I am so " involved " with my recordings, that I cant imagine any one not wanting the sound that I have, for relatively little money. Thoughts ? Enjoy ! MrD.
mrdecibel
There are also people who just like equipment. That want to have, hold, look at and admire high quality gear regardless if it is hi-fi, guns, cameras, you name it. And often these same folks don't ever use this gear to the potential it was designed for. That's not my style....but I get it and have no problem with it at all. Whatever floats your boat. 
Mr. D,
I believe you, and I am happy that you're happy, but I can't help thinking that you would be a little happier (ok, a lot happier) if you were using a non-oversampling DA converter. They are so much more organic , and that Adcom may be modified as you say, but I can't believe that it would compare.  
N80, you're right. Whatever floats your boat, is right. It's all subjective cause no two ears are the same. (After processing of course)  It's just so fun and interesting to hear, read, and listen to what other folks find so intriguing about other  products. That's why I'm here. To learn and absorb from more experienced audiophiles than me is so cool. 
mantaman

My Grandson still has my AR-3a speakers, and is more than satisfied with them.