Line Magnetic quality

Here we go again…

Hej!

I have had my eyes on Line Magnetic Audio for some time, but a friend of mine says that I should stay away from hi-fi and hi-end made in china because they have bad luck when it comes to quality and that they sound bad.

I tell him that I have heard otherwise and that people really like the sound of the LM amplifiers.

So Line Magnetic owners, what do you say? Is he right or is he wrong?

By the way; has anyone been listening to LM34AI?

simna
Hi
I have the LM-508 and I bought it (much cheaper than in USA) from a authorized dealer directly from China because there's no Line Magnetic dealer here in Argentina.
The amp is amazing and the dealer is very profesional.
Also Audio-gd is a chinese brand with a extraordinary quality price ratio and warranty. I have the Audio-gd R2R-2 DAC and the Master 1 pre and the are really a bargain for the quality of sound you get.
My system costs about 15K and only my speakers (Q Acoustics Concept 500) and cables (Kimber and DH Labs) are not from China. Recently I heard a denish Bang & Olufsen almost 100K system and mine sounded much better. 
Dont fool yourself, these two chinese brands are great and not always more expensive is better.
Chinese can build anything as good as anybody .
The main thing anywhere is to find honest people ..
OK guys, you have convinced me. I’ve found a dealer just 45 minutes away from where I live. And he has the LM34AI. And I can take it home on friday. But it’s brand new, not even unpacked so the tubes need burning in. My experience says about 50 hours, which means I hope I can have it for a week or so.
I have line magnetic 300b set mono blocks and a matching line magnetic pre from their old classic line, as my second system. It’s a Western Electric replica system with a very unusual layout (compared to modern valve systems), but it’s beautiful sounding gear that has given me a lot of pleasure over the last 4 years. It looks lovely too, not just my opinion, my wife has matched some furniture to it, who could ask for more.

I had a transformer problem on the pre in the first year I had it, but it has played flawlessly since the transformer was replaced. I bought from a reputable dealer and the repairs were all done under warranty.

I would say the stock tubes were pretty ordinary as with a lot of new gear I’ve seen. They were quickly replaced, both the amps and pre are capable of much more than the stock tubes would suggest. They are a tube rollers dream.