Speaker Recommendation: 20K range

I’m looking for new speakers in the <20K range. 

I am not looking for used, unless it’s a demo model straight from an AD.

I am hoping to find a line that clearly beats speakers in the ~10K range like Magico A3, Revel 228BE, Legacy Focus SE etc.

I will be pairing the speakers with a Lumin D2 streamer, Mcintosh C2600 pre and MC452 amp. Changing those components is not going to happen anytime soon and so system synergy with those pieces is important. 

I also would like the speakers to be rated at 500W given the amp I will be using and the fact that the listening space is quite large. 

While I mostly listen to jazz, rock, pop, classical and vocals, I am really looking for speakers that sound amazing with any genre. I also need them to sound great at moderate levels of volume. 

I currently have Focal Kanta No 2s, and while they are quite nice, I want something much better in all respects. 

I am not really up to speed on all the audiophile terms that describe the various traits of sound – I just want my jaw to drop when listening to the speakers with any genre at all volume levels, if that’s possible :) 

I am close to NYC and would like to narrow down the list to ~5 candidates before I start auditioning.

Hopefully you guys can help me compile a list!

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

chandybe
Revel PerformaBe have the best waveguide by far, and will sound the largest in soundscape and lead in clarity in terms of vocals. I don’t find the bass or highs with it necessarily the most resolving, and part of the trade-off of that ultra-wide dispersion is the vocals will sound a tinge honky, but the F228Bes have the most vocal intelligibility of any speaker I’ve heard, in fact it blows away the Salon 2s in this aspect which sound much darker/narrower staging in comparison.

I would say if you would be willing to look at mail order brands, I think Salk Soundscape 8 or the Ascend Acoustics Sierra Diamond Tower (w/ Seas T29D001 tweeter) would beat any of the speakers on your list (and both can be had for under 10k), but if you are looking purely at retail brands, I believe the Revels will win purely on the strength of their vocal performance, what they do well they are unmatched at.
As a legacy dealer you can use the wavelet easily between the processor and main amp.

So yes the Aeris can do theater.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Interesting that no one has mentioned Martin Logan yet? Perhaps I missed it but a set of 13A's or 15A's with powered woofers built right in give you the best of all possible worlds. High resolution and great bass. They both play load enough and sound great on sax recordings and the other genres you mentioned. I have the 15A's in stock as a demo and a pair at home. I'd put them up against anything under 50K!