Looking for speaker recommendations

I retired a couple of years ago and as a hobby have become a bit of an audiophile.  I need some speaker advice from those of you who know more than I. 

I listen mostly to classical and jazz. System is on most of the day for background music.  I do more critical listen from 8-10 in the evening at low volume (50-60 db.)

Been buying and selling gear and my current system is a Mac computer, Teac UD-301 DAC/preamp, Classe CT-2300 amp, Vandersteen 2CE signature speakers. My listening space is a 20 X 18 foot living room with cathedral ceilings. Due to WAF restrictions, the stereo system is in a corner of the room with the speakers 10 feet apart, directed at my listening chair that is 12 feet away.  

The Vandys sound nice but I suspect they are too directional for my listening space and style.  I am looking for a speaker that has a more fuller sound stage and will fill the room with sound. Speakers will need to have a better WAF than the Vandys. (Wife does not like the black socks on the Vandys.)

I prefer to buy used and am looking in the $2-5K range.

My current short-list for speakers is-

Legacy-Signature SE

DeVore-Gibbon X

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

128x1282tuby
As was suggested I did some research.  I do like the CP-800 preamp/DAC to match my current CT-2300 amp but as I read more about the CP-800 I believe it has software issues that the company needs to address and since the company has been sold I do not see software upgrades being on the horizon.

My further search has led me to the Auralic Vega preamp/DAC. Has anyone in the group had any experience with the Auralic? How will it pair with the Classe CT-2300 and the Vandy 2c sigs? 

As always, thanks for any advice.
I've never heard the Auralic Vega paired with the Classe CA-2300 power amp and the Vandy 2C Sigs before. 
You should highly consider the PS Audio Direct Stream DAC. It is very good. 

In regards to the Classe CP 800 stereo preamp/DAC, I haven't heard of the software issues. Dunno. 

I thought I would check back in with an update. I tried the PS Audio Stellar gain DAC for a few weeks and it sounded good but. . . My wife (the black sock hater) who has a good ear said she preferred the teac.  I looked into the Direct Stream but it is out of my price range. So I located a used Classe CP-800 on Audiogon and purchased it.  The unit arrived today. I have been listening for the last three hours and it really sounds WONDERFUL in my system! Makes the Vandys sing. Caphill, thanks for the CP-800 suggestion. 
You’re welcome. Congrats on the purchase! The CP 800 is optimized for use with its USB DAC input. I highly recommend that you use its USB DAC input to stream music. Its USB input sounded the best compared to its other inputs.

In regards to PS Audio Direct Stream DAC, not too long ago there were quite of few of them offered for sale here and they were all used and quite a bit cheaper than their original MSRP since PS Audio is going to release its flagship statement DAC soon or might just already came out as we speak.

But if you’re happy with the Classe CP 800 preamp/DAC then stick with it. It is a great preamp/DAC unit built around its USB input configuration signal path and I’m pretty sure it will sound significantly better than your Teac. Everyone who bought the CP 800 use its USB input to stream music as a preamp/DAC/music renderer. If you’re strictly looking for a linestage analog preamp (no DAC) I wouldn’t recommend the CP 800 as there are better options out there in similar price range as the original MSRP of the CP 800 ($6k when purchased new). But since you’re looking for a DAC/preamp combo that can perform better than your Teac so that’s why I recommended both the PS Audio Direct Stream DAC or the Classe CP 800 to pair with your Classe CA-2300 power amp and Vandy speakers.

The CP 800 is more of a preamp product with built-in DAC whereas the PS Audio Direct Stream DAC is a DAC (digital source component) that happens to have a built-in digital volume control so people can use it as a DAC/preamp by setting the output to variables or use it strictly as a DAC (source component) by setting the output to fixed gain and connect it to a linestage analog preamp or analog integrated amp. With the CP 800 you have no other choice but use its volume control as a preamp/DAC and won’t be able to use it strictly as a DAC (source component) and connect it to an analog linestage preamp like you do with the PS Audio Direct Stream DAC. In other words, you won’t be able to set the output of the CP 800 to fixed gain like that of the PS Audio Direct Stream DAC.
Lastly, the CP 800 has analog inputs and can be used as an analog linestage preamp whereas the PS Audio Direct Stream DAC does not have analog inputs as it is more of a DAC (source component) than it is of a preamp.

"I prefer to buy used and am looking in the $2-5K range.

My current short-list for speakers is-

Legacy-Signature SE

DeVore-Gibbon X

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated."

Sorry to break it to you,  but you will never find a used Gibbon-X with that budget. They retail for just under $10k and dealers do not offer discounts. Perhaps in 10 years you could buy a used one at that price. Just sayin.