Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
andy2,

It's an interesting topic and it was a fascinating post.  Unfortunately, bringing the cable-burn in debate here is like dropping in to the Thiel thread to start a discussion "Are High End Cables Worth The Money?" or "Do AC Cables Really Make A Difference?"  Or for that matter "Does God Exist?"    We all know what threads look like on those topics and I'm sure I'm not the only Thiel owner who doesn't want this thread to go down that road.  

andy2

Another excellent post. Agreed, materials science and metallurgy are fascinating to me. These factors have  drawn me to cables and power cords since the 1990's.  It all begins w one's first aftermarket interconnect or power cord purchase.  Happy Listening!
tomthiel

I would be interested in your recollection of cables and power cords that Thiel Audio used in the lab. You have touched on some of the power amp(s) that were incorporated for lab testing. Perhaps Jim had a favorite brand that was tested, utilized.

Happy Listening!
jafant,

How are your CS 2.4SE's sounding?

What is your amp/source?  Do you use a digital source or vinyl (or both?)

My Thiels have sounded awesome with digital (streamed from a Raspberry Pi server), but adding a great turntable and buying new records took it to a whole new level of fun.

Thanks.
That would be my last post on the topic of cable burn in.  Prof can sleep well now :-)