Advice on buying good CD player that will outperform my Primare cd31

Hello everyone,
I'm currently thinking about changing the cd player and I would appreciate if someone has good advice on buying good red book player that will outperform my Primare cd31.
The budget is around 2000-2500eur and second hand devices are wellcome...
The rest of the system is integrated amp. Bladelius Thor mk3 novitas and Vienna acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand.
miko67
Minimalist Tube Guy Here:
So for openers, I'm tighter than bark on a tree.  My solution?  Buy a Music Fidelity V90 DAC; it was rated "A" by Stereophile until very recently.  It cost a scant $300; you'll have world class sound and avoid kicking the crap out of your credit card.
Hello miko67. If you haven't heard of Metronome, I recommend trying its CD players. The cheapest one that the company's website lists is Le Player 2 at around 4,800 Euros, so second-hand it ought to fall within your budget. Older Metronome players like the CD1 are still quite well regarded too.
@maritime51   What is you experience buying a Jays Audio CD player in North America? I’m interested in finding one. Thank you 
Just bought my second Marantz SA-11S3 for a second system.  These come up for sale every few months in the $2k-$2.4k range.  Love it.