Advice on buying good CD player that will outperform my Primare cd31

Hello everyone,
I'm currently thinking about changing the cd player and I would appreciate if someone has good advice on buying good red book player that will outperform my Primare cd31.
The budget is around 2000-2500eur and second hand devices are wellcome...
The rest of the system is integrated amp. Bladelius Thor mk3 novitas and Vienna acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand.
miko67
I had a Primare Cd 31
The Ayre cx-7e was much better, fuller more meaty presentation with out missing any detail. try it it's a great unit.
Anybody try the Electrocompaniet emc-1up, it is older model but I heard that sounds fantastic!? Probably because there is Philips cd pro transport in it. 
Can it be compared with the new models(Ayre, Esoteric...) in terms of sound quality?
Minimalist Tube Guy Here:
So for openers, I'm tighter than bark on a tree.  My solution?  Buy a Music Fidelity V90 DAC; it was rated "A" by Stereophile until very recently.  It cost a scant $300; you'll have world class sound and avoid kicking the crap out of your credit card.
Hello miko67. If you haven't heard of Metronome, I recommend trying its CD players. The cheapest one that the company's website lists is Le Player 2 at around 4,800 Euros, so second-hand it ought to fall within your budget. Older Metronome players like the CD1 are still quite well regarded too.
@maritime51   What is you experience buying a Jays Audio CD player in North America? I’m interested in finding one. Thank you