More expensive DAC the answer?

I am still trying to get a decent sound quality out of my system. Currently I am running an Audio Engine DAC and not really happy with sound quality. Would investing in a more robust DAC be of benefit?
mfdamon
A single-end triode amp like my Sanei SA-560A (2A3's and Tango transformers) would be a lot better than the SS Yamaha! Those Cornwalls have a sensitivity of 100db/1watt. Most of your listening is at or below 1 watt. SE tube amps are "magic" at the 1 to 7 watt level! Provided of course that the speakers are of high enough sensitivity (Heresy's, Khorns, Cornwall's ...). So changing to another DAC is IMHO not a good idea!
have to agree with the suggestions for a good tube amplifier with your  Klipsch speakers. 

What is your source?  The jitter of the source is usually more important than the DAC.

If you are using a transport, then this is probably the weak point.  Reclocking with a good resampler like the Synchro-Mesh can make a huge difference, assuming that the DAC does not resist the reclocking.

Jitter from a typical transport:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154408.0

Steve N.

Empirical Audio