Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
Do any of the nasayers believe in equipment break in? Tube break in? Speaker break in? 
Cables - no break in
Tubes - once warm, no burn/break in; they just degrade over time from day one and sound best when new. "Burn in" for a day or so is best used to determine that the tube is stable and not about to fail.
Speakers - yes; they are motors and some of the materials that flex need to break covalent bonds to perform optimally
Cartridges - same as for speakers
Turntables - yes, motor/platter bearings need to wear the metal surfaces over time to reduce micro-machined irregularities
Electronics (DACs, preamps, amps, CD players) - no, (except for the CD motors, sled and rotational) but the electronics do need warm up to function optimally.
People ear/brain system - yes, the biggest single audio component that is the most variable of the recorded/playback/listening experience. More "brain burn in" is always a good thing. No wonder many sip the etoh or smoke/vape the herb while listening.
Steve. There are wires in all the devices you stated. You might want to consider that  part of the break  you are hearing is in the wires! 
More "brain burn in" is always a good thing. No wonder many sip the etoh or smoke/vape the herb while listening.

Looks like someone still behind the time.  This has been talked over again and again.  Manufacturers have lots of components that they can compare side by side, some old some brand new, so there is no need to resort to "brain burn in" argument.
taras22,

Thanks for the invite.  I might be at the Toronto show (hope to go).

No worries, I'm not a leafs fan (not a hockey fan - I'm a bad Canadian that way).   Oh, and I don't take any of these discussions seriously in terms of personalities or holding any animosity at all.  Nothing on an audio discussion forum is worth that. 

Cheers!