Mytek Dac going Ac to DC power.

Feed back on those who Gone DC to power the Audio component's. As there's a number of AC/DC

power converters on the market place. BUT! SOME REALLY DON'T MEET a true Audiophile sonic bench mark.

Look forward to those who  HAVE gone DC.

tubes444
That Astron unit looked interesting, but I couldn't accommodate the size in my cabinet.
I ordered an sOTM sPS-500 power supply, when it arrives and I've broken it in, will report back.
I have the "original" Brooklyn DAC and when I'm streaming thru it for an hour or so it gets really hot.  I hope the PS improves the sound quality and reduces the heat.
agreed on all the comments regarding the Astron power supplies.  they are very good - replaced a Hynes unit in my system.

@erik_squires Not sure if you're aware of this, but the voltage can be adjusted on other Astron LPSU's rather easily...
http://www.repeater-builder.com/astron/voltage-adjust/voltage-adjust.html
Certainly not as convenient as rotating a knob on the face, but fairly straightforward if you've got a screwdriver and voltmeter.

Is a crimp on banana plug adequate for making a suitable cord, or is soldering necessary??

pauken4 : Crimp on is fine. 

@srosenberg Figures. :) 
Has anyone tried going 13 volts on their external power supply to DAC+?  I read that this improves the sound greatly, so I tried it and it did. I switched back to 12v since I'm worried about toasting the unit. Anyone know if 13v is safe? I emailed Mytek and it's no surprise they said run 12v. Knowing all to well about liability, even if it can do 13v, they won't recommend it since that's not what is published in their manual. 

veerossi1

I started this tread last year. I tried several High end so called Audiophile grade against the Astron rs12A. Its been suppling

13-V DC for a year. I adjusted back to 12-V per Mytek specs’

Lost a little slam in the bass and some overall dynamics "some"

If 13v doesn’t fry it before its out of warranty so BE IT!!

If it dose I’ll just another and run it @ 13-V.