Marantz SA-10 arriving Monday!

I've been hearing and reading all I can about this player during this last year. I have a 6005 right now and it's a nice player but not as good as my analog rig (10k) so it's not a fair comparison. Elizabeth mentioned that her SA-10 is better than her analog. I will be comparing the 2 SACD players side by side. I have at least 3 CD's in which I have duplicates. I'm fascinated about how the circuitry upsamples to DSD SACD. Well not exactly but somehow an improvement over Redbook CD. I have a 2" thick maple block coming in the same day for it. It's going to be a long weekend. I know it can't work miracles on all CD's. If there is jitter in the recording then supposedly you will never get that out. Speak up if I'm wrong about that.
128x128blueranger
blueranger

Thanks! for sharing. I am looking forward in reading more as you accrue several more hundred hours on this player.

Happy Listening!
blueranger  et al.,

I look forward in reading all of the wonderful details and experiences from you guys, gals,  that own this spinner until I can score an audition.
Staying tuned...

Happy Listening!
2nd Note;

feel free to list your system gear, like Elizabeth, so that those of us who search for a demo can have a running list of brands that are sonic matches with this very special player.  Due to its price, there will be a limited audience and or interest from the majority of the audiophile community. Additionally, there is a small niche' of us who own massive CD, SACD collections that continue to grow every year. This is not a bad thing at all.

Happy Listening!
I heard a very expensive system at an audio store Saturday that I'm not naming. One brand system CD player preamp and amp. Around $30k plus and a pair of $20k plus speakers. I was hoping to hear something spectacular but it was a letdown. Anyway the overall presentation was lean and not full bodied. I would have liked to have the SA-10 to compare. To be fair the room was larger than mine with a higher ceiling. I'm content with my system and upgrading isn't in the near future. 
 The SA-10 is a keeper and until streaming matures it will be spinning discs