Help me pick from my sub-$1200 shortlist

Alright. Here's the shortlist. Let's get your opinions:

• KEF LS50
  • Sonus Faber Venere
  • Monitor Audio SIlver 100's (haven't tested yet)

And yes I know some of these retail over $1200, but for those I'm going to look for used or be patient for sales

I tested the SF's and the KEF's the other day. When at the store, I liked the KEF's better; I felt like there were more punchy mids, more contrasting dynamics. But having since listened I've been thinking more about the SF's and feeling like maybe I actually long term enjoyed their more subdued tone more, factoring in the fact that I would be able to play with them/my setup in my own apartment more. There was an incredible clarity with them nonetheless that I really loved.

I'm mostly doing vinyl and digital music, less classical/jazz, more rock, country, metal, experimental, but also quieter stuff too. Running out of a Cambridge Audio Azur 551R.

Other speakers I've had on the longer list, but might not be able to check out are the Revel Concerta2 M16, PSB Imagine B, and Paradigm Signature S2; so if you feel strongly on those please let me know

gravyrobbers91
One thing to mention... when looking at speakers consider who is responsible for engineering/designing them. There are very well known and expert people who understand how to do this. Andrew Jones, Richard Vandersteen, Jack Oclee-Brown, Vince Bruzzese, Bill Dudleston, John Dulavy, Kevin Voecks, Dean Hartley, just to name a few. Some of these guys have dedicated time and resources to great budget projects that led to awesome success.

Agreed on this. The other element is which companies have the proper design tools and equipment? Kef and Revel are two examples of companies that invest incredible resources in r&d and measurement that boutique manufacturers can never touch. It is an enormous advantage. 
"Jumped the gun on a Hafler DH-220"

I'd agree with that.  Why would you buy an amp before you even know which speakers you're choosing?  Even if it has sufficient power, how do you know its native sonic character is a good match for your tastes much less if it will match well with the speakers you eventually choose?

Also, you mentioned 2-channel music is important to you.  If that's the case you'll definitely want to bypass the receiver's preamp section along with the amp section.  An elegant and cost-effective solution to this would be an integrated amp with a HT bypass input.  With the Hafler you'll still need to buy a stereo preamp, which is no big deal but it adds another box (and another pair of interconnects) to your system. 

I dont mean mean to be preachy here, but I'm just saying that taking some time and thinking things through rather than making impulse purchases can (and will likely) save you time and money and get you better results in the long run.  
@soix I’m only buying components right now that A) have a good likelihood of being audibly compatible, and B) are at prices at which they can easily be resold if I don’t need them and recoup costs.

I’d be doing exactly that with the Hafler. I have a Cambridge Audio Azur I’m going to run pre out to the Hafler, using the power on the 551 for center and surrounds.
DH-220 was a great amp and powered a set of Vandersteen 2c and Magnepan SMGa wonderfully.  

If you want to upgrade it, send it off to Audio Concepts.

Oh, I vote for the Vandersteens. 
Just to throw more chaos into the mix (ha)... Vandersteen and Sonus have excellent resell value... if you tjink you want to play a bit.

Nothing like renting good gear ;-)