Upgrade from Pass Labs XA30.8 to X250.8. Worth it?

I am getting ready to make some upgrades to the system. I currently running a DAC into a BAT51SE, then a Pass Labs XA30.8, then finally into Decware DM947 speakers (don't worry if you've never heard of them; not the last word in speakers, but have been doing a solid job for about 5 years now.)

I am contemplating moving up the Pass Labs amplifier line, and the X250.8 looks attractive. I would like to hear more bass authority and definition, but I don't really want to sacrifice the mids and highs of the 30.8. 

I would love to hear some of your impressions of the X250.8, especially if you are able to make some direct comparisons to the XA30.8. I've spoken with both Mark at Reno Hifi, and Kent English of Pass Labs; both are wonderful and informative people. What I am interested in now is the opinions and experiences of end users of either of these amps. 

Thanks! 
willrich47
willrich47 -

Another +vote for Mark and Kent- those guys know Pass Labs amps.How do you like the B.A.T. / Pass Labs combo?
Happy Listening!
hk-fan, I agree. If you are going to use hi-efficient speakers stay with the XA amp.
@twoleftears I was once intrigued about that particular amplifier. I asked Mark at Reno Hifi about it, and he indicated that the 30.8 does just about everything better than the XA25. Though admittedly, I haven't compared the two. I did own the 30.5 before the 30.8, and could compare those two if you'd like! 

@jafant I was fortunate to find a copy of my B.A.T. on Audiogon. It had been recently recapped and was in great condition. I came from a tube amplifier. The B.A.T. has a slightly warm and dark sound to it, which I really like. I am always striving for simplicity in my system, and I have taken it out a few times to decide whether I could "live without" it. As soon as I remove it from the audio chain, I immediately miss it. I am definitely a proponent of having tubes SOMEWHERE in your audio chain. Love that sound!

@hk_fan Thanks for the response. This is why I posted here. To get a wide variety of opinions on the topic, even if they are conflicting. I am a bit confused though because Mark seems to think that the X250.8 is a solid upgrade from the XA30.8. Kent seems to like the X250.8 very much too (claiming to keep that one at home a majority of the time) but admits that it isn't as warm as the 30.8. I'm hoping to find some of those "happy customers" Mark was referring to; or even some unhappy ones. 

@snopro the sentiment is not lost on me. I am still trying to wrap my mind around why bigger AB amps often times have better bass, even though the output may be the same as a class A amp. Even more within the Pass line. Moreover, why does 1 Class A watt from the X250.8 sound different from 1 watt from the XA30.8. No idea, but trying to learn! 

Thanks all for the responses so far!
The X250.8 may have better bass, but bass is easy - the liquidity and smoothness of the XA in the mids and highs is what's difficult.  If you want bass, keep the the XA and buy a quality powered sub.  Completely serious here.