Solid State vs. Tubes - What if Transistors came first?

What do you guys think?

If transistors came first, and then decades later tubes were invented, would we have any tube amps we would call high end?

Wouldn’t they all fail to reach the height of performance and transparency set by transistor amps?

Best,

E

P.S. I love Conrad Johnson. I'm just wondering how  much of our arguments have to do with timing. 
erik_squires
mapman,

"...know-it-all GK,..."

No. He does not know if it is better to put oregano directly on dough, on sauce, or on top of all the pizza ingredients.

To his defense, nobody on Audiogon has ever answered that question. Any old Amish recipe for oregano on pizza? It has been bothering me for a while so I ask every time I make pizza. Maybe some day...
sfcfran,

It is an interesting outlook and it made me think of something unrelated to tubes/SS debate.

"...if it is mostly accepted that Audio Quality Analog from Pass Labs is pretty much King at its price points,"
Why was/is anybody buying anything else? That would be an interesting marketing research, or at least Audiogon thread.

Note: I have never heard anything by Pass, but have only heard good things about it.
Any old Amish recipe for oregano on pizza?

http://www.amish365.com/the-amish-cook-gloria-talks-pizza/
Looks delicious, very high end!   Look at all those ingredients!    Go completely wild and toss some oregano on there.

To think Amish take pride in being plain. Whodathunkit?
That was revealing. They mix oregano in the dough, it seems. I could not see that one coming. And then baking, taking out, baking again, really, who said Amish were simple? I will try that next time.

Speaking of tubes, they do get warm. Now, what the world needs is not more tubes. It is ovens with doors opening sideways.
Not only that but fact is Amish kids love their high end car stereos in their barn. No joke. They bought them in the store I worked in back then all the time. Is Radio Shack high end enough? It is for Amish kids.

While on the topic I gotta say that may be the tastiest looking pizza I have personally seen in quite a while!   Go Amish!