Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Mapman I had to chuckle over that translation. It's almost as if it makes sense but not quite. I think that he liked them though. Maybe I'll get my son to translate (he's a German major in college) and see how he does.
So after reading through most of this thread (and having auditioned several other speakers in the last week) I went ahead and ordered the MWT SE's! I'm incredibly excited to get them next week.

I should say that the others I've heard were PSB T6s, Vandy 1C, KEF Q900, Rega RS3 and RS5 and finally Wharfedale 10.7s.

Of those, my favorites are the Wharfedales. If for some reason I'm not loving the MWTs I'll probably buy those. They just had such a great midrange, a not-too-tight but not-too-bloated bass, and highs that didn't fatigue or feel too bright (as the Regas seemed to have).

As I've noted in another thread around here, they'll be driven by a Peachtree Nova integrated(which John noted many of his customers use), with main sources being the optical out of my Macbook Pro, xbox360/ps3, and a turntable.

This is really the start of my system, so in the future I imagine I'll add a better amp, a better turntable and better cables/wires. I'm sure I'll be back in this thread for all of that.

And, of course I'll be sure to report here as soon as I receive them!
Just read the German review of the Walsh 1000. The translation sounds akin to a drunken pub crawler. Of what I could understand, the review was very favorable, but needs a better translation Joe