Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Fin,

Thanks. Really, I just like to blather on and on about OHMs more than anyone else i suppose. I do try to be consistent!

Yes, at a live concert I tend to go for the sweet spot if possible. Most other locations in most venues deliver more compromise.

Regarding shifting soundstage at live events, it can happen in some venues with un amplified acoustic instruments and vocals, but there is usually mikes, amps and speakers involved to some extent, which works against that. When it works, its mostly a result of venue acoustics and the geometry involved with how the sound reaches your ears. When the geometry supports the ears ability to triangulate to determine location of instruments, it can happen. It is probably true though that in general it is less common and pronounced in experience than listening to a good pair of OHMs or mbls even with a recording miked in an appropriate manner to capture the relative location of instruments to a good degree.

The new amps are a home run. OHMs really benefit from the power, current and damping factor to a great degree I believe, as do many dynamic speaker designs. The Dynaudios also sound better than ever, the timbre of the BCs on these is less towards the hot side now. The OHM Ls sound way better than I have ever heard them, and even the little Relaistic Minimus 7s on my deck are happy as can be.

I am of the opinion that the vast majority of OHM owners out there have never heard their speakers optimally driven to the max and are missing out. That's because a lot of OHMs have been sold over the years starting at relatively low price points (under $500) as part of nice sounding but underpowered systems running off less ballsy amplification typical in receivers and even many integrated's. That works fine for most, but those who care might wean a lot more out of their OHMs by looking at bigger yet still greener Class D amps.
Post removed 
Have I been pinged?

Marty

PS I usually try to post when I feel like I've got something (that might be) beneficial to add to the conversation. Many times, I find that I agree with what's been posted so I just sit it out. But......I'm still out there.
I find the seating location critical to good sound in live performances.

My favorite listening position is in rows L,M & N, dead center at Carnegie Hall. Having attended hundreds of performances in this hall and in many, many locations from front row to "up with the angels", I find this the most balanced for full symphonic performances.

I try to make the Ohms sound like listening from my favorite listening position.

I have never heard a performances that used microphone and speakers that would match these pure acoustical events.

Good Listening!

John Strohbeen
President, Ohm Acoustics
John,

We do our yearly trip to NY every June. Its coming up again. We stay at the Parker Meridian, down the block from Carnegie. Last year I got to hear a performance at Carnegie listening just right of center in Dress Circle level. I had heard that you voice the OHMs based on listening at Carnegie and as I was sitting there listening, I felt right at home. The sound there was indeed quite exceptional and holographic even at times.