Tri-Planar Vll "SE Upgrade"

Contemplating  sending my Tri-Planar Vll back to Tri Mai for his "SE Upgrade". Essentially, same carbon fiber wand and internal silver wire and leads used in his 12" U12 arm. Anybody done the dirty deed?  If so, better, worse or pretty much the same. 

I've only seen one post on the subject and that person seemed more than happy.

Thanks to anyone who responds with personal experience.  No conjecture please. 
128x128rfogel8
@tri-planar: We all, especially your customers, are waiting for that " lowest bearing friction " characteristic of your tonearms.

Is there still a " hope " that you can give the precise answer/number about?. Appreciated.

R.
Raul, do you know what a security clearance is?
In a case like this it means that the person or company with the clearance cannot divulge information by law.
Raul,

Each post is an opportunity to learn. I have followed your posts and have learned some useful info. I have also followed Ralphs' posts and he too shares a lot of useful info.

IMHO; You need to Learn and Think on it.

For two years, I thought and learned about the Technics SL1200G and other tonearms. I saved my nickels and finally decided to ask Ralph to mod the Technics with a Triplanar tonearm for me. I did not become aware that Ralph and Tri were friends until months went by and I kept wanting to send Ralph and Tri some money. That's when I learned that they shared the same business address. Both Ralph and Tri would not take any money until the TT / tonearm was ready.

You are the one who is upset with Ralph. Myself and many others are thankful for Ralphs' contributions to this Forum.  Your posts are also appreciated.

Raul,

You called me out on a thread and said #@%$  that I would never know how good the stock arm is. Wrong !  You thought that I needed to rewire the tonearm with your recommended wire, that I needed to waste my money on multiple headshells. That I needed to do this and waste a lot of time critically listening to all these tweaks to gain the knowledge and only then could I be sure that a better tonearm would elevate the stock Technics to a new level. WRONG !!

I have now had my Technics / Triplanar rig for months and am sure that it was the right decision. Following your advice would have wasted a lot of time and money.

Dear Raul,

I do not see anyone joining you in calling out Ralph. Learn and Think on it already. Your advice is Not the last word on anything. Again, your thoughts and advice would have cost me time and money.

So; Raul at this time I see you as a pompous a** whose ( knowledge ? ) would have cost me, Not benefited me.

Dear Raul,

Learn and Think on it.  Maybe take a course in English and writing. Then and only then will you be able to clearly get your points across without appearing to be a snobbish pompous A**.

Dear @nkonor: """ You thought that I needed to rewire the tonearm with your recommended wire, that I needed to waste my money on multiple headshells. That I needed to do this and waste a lot of time critically listening to all these tweaks to gain the knowledge and only then could I be sure that a better tonearm would elevate the stock Technics to a new level. WRONG !! """

Rewire any stock tonearm as the Technics that was builded at a low price point always is a must to do it. My advise silver wire recomendation was only an alternative for do it that but certainly not the last " word ".

A removable headshel tonearm design as the Technics gives to any one the opportunity to really match any single cartridge for its can shows at its best. Choosing different headshells with different build materials, different headshells weigth, different builded shape and even choosing different female cartridge pin connectors makes the difference always.

A non removable headshell design can’t do the best for all cartridges and always will puts its " signature " that we can’t change and if some one is deep founded on the ideal resonance frequency it’s extremely more easy to achieve it through a removable headshell design because even that normally a fixed headshell designs comes with different counter weigths it can’t really change the inertia moment due that the counterweigth is so near the tonearm pivot and in a removable headshell design the weigth changes trhough different headshells can do it because are at the farest point to that tonearm pivot.

Yes, I still think that you can’t be aware how good is the stock Technics tonearm because you did not give that tonearm to shows it at its best.

You said a waste of time and money well I’m in total disagreement with you in this regards because that Technics tonearm is a very well designed and with very high quality excecution of that design at a low price market point.

In tonearms like in any audio item always exist trade offs and the success in each one audio systems depends on which trade offs we choosed. I stay with a moded stock Technics for very good reasons against your Triplanar.

Btw, I want to let and to be very clear: first I'm not against any person per sé. I'm against any dishonest person, against any person that lie on purpose, against any person that wants to take advantage on the low knowledge level of other persons, against any bia$ed opinion because his comercial bu$$ine$.
I respect any single human been but those with that kind of " atributtes " .

If you don't care about or are in favor of then is up to you. Btw, are you dishonest or a lier?: I don't think so.

Please let me know when J.Carr , or other audio manufacturers that post through internet,  posted something in favor his Lyra designs or speaks against the competitions or lied in any way. Well I can tell you that NEVER did it and never will. This is the kind of gentlemans I respect and that's why I respect you too.

R.
Post removed