Questions to J.A. Michell turntable owners...

How often do you change the oil in your record platter bearing?

What is your preferred cleaning process to the bearing assembly 
prior to adding new oil?

Have you tried pure synthetic motor oil (Mobil One or other) in lieu of the 
factory oil?

If you have tried pure synthetic, what weight (5w20 - 0w20 - etc.) did you
decide upon and why?

Thank You for your honest reply!

quincy
The platters don’t come "coated with a black substance ". They were aluminum first with aluminum bearing model , then delrin platter with an inverted bronze bearing. Delrin is like acrylic but closer to the composition of vinyl making it a better cunduit to let vibration travel through it and not reflect back to the cartridge. The best thing I found to safely clean the grooves of the platter of a Gyro is q tips dipped in endust for electronics. Its all natural and leaves no residue of its own and easily removes the residue the belt leaves from use. A micro fibre rag is good for the final wiping folded on edge into the groove to clean the groove . There is no scrubbing involved.
Make sure its "endust for electronics" in a blue spray bottle and not endust the furniture cleaner which has waxy oil residue to polish. The endust electronic cleaner is all natural based and works well , for this and for cleaning faceplates safely. Squirting it on the rag or q tip is more effective for obvious reasons. 
I don’t believe you can post a photo on this site....

I have only one ’O’ ring drive ’belt’. Not really a ’belt’ as one would think of it. A very large diameter ’O’ ring.

DC drive motor has two different size ’pulleys’ on it. One for 33 1/3 and the other for 45 rpm.

A secondary box has the speed control set screw inside it.

Looks like I need to get some electronic 'end dust' before I go any further.

A belt lasts ~5 years, then it loses its elasticity and the speed slows way down due to excessive slippage.

btw...I always set my speed playing a Cardas Frequency Sweep record while utilizing my KAB speedstrobe light.

Thanks again!
I don’t believe you can post a photo on this site....
Directly from this site no I have not succeeded, you have to use an online host to upload photos and then view them here, it is not complicated but requires a little patience.

@has2be it is not delrin but methacrylate

@best-groove 

Delrin is simply Dupont’s propriety name for the material. If you haven’t already , research it. Carbon/vinyl-loaded acrylic...…. all Michell’s info ever says is "Michell makes the platter from a proprietary self-damping compound of carbon/vinyl-loaded acrylic". Copolymer or polymer ??? There is a big difference in price between the two variants and performance. From my experience , regardless, it is one of the better sounding solutions for a platter and no need for fiddling with mats and adjusting arms with added height and suspensions with added weight.
Post removed