BEST INTERCONNECT FOR $25 EACH?

Ready? Go!

No Blue Jeans Please. 
craigert
@cleeds

By 'robust' I mean a solid connector and heavy gauge ground line. Unlike some pieces from the old days.

Agree with everything you say, except using the preamp instead of the amp.

Oh, I get it - if one is using mono blocks. Yes, in that case, use the preamp, if it has a good ground connection.
If I can add one more choice--Anticables.com.

Handmade in America using a unique thin covering on the conductor and air as the dielectric. The cable is coiled, and bright red but they are 50% for $50/1-meter pair, right now.

And no matter which cable you choose, it will be improved with High Fidelity Cables Magnetic Adapters on both ends.
Man this turned out to be a great thread from a new knucklehead like me trying to learn the ropes. I have learned so much. 

I am still confused about:
1. Whether I will be sorry if I don’t get any shielding since the Duelund wire seems awesome. 
2. Which side you connect the connected shielded side of the cable. 
terry9

Not wanting to start a debate and you can obviously use whichever technique you wish, but everything I have read says shield/drain is connected to source end, or as I say, sending end. Also, I have looked at many cables from different manufacturers that use this and then will have the directional arrows on the cable. The arrow has always pointed toward the unconnected end.

@tls49 

The problem with connecting the shield to the source end is that if a source has no ground connection, you will end up with an ungrounded shield. Many turntables and tonearms are like that, especially vintage ones - think two-prong plugs.