Recommendations for a few high SQ classical CDs

I have a modest collection of classical music CDs, most of it symphonic works, maybe 20-30 CDs at most. Most of my musical interest is with rock, roots rock and blues but I do enjoy classical music but have limited knowledge and experience.

I am also a new audiophile with my first hifi system for about a month now.

I would like some specific recommendations on just a few symphonies (for now). What I am looking for at this point is good CD recordings rather than the nature of the performance/conductor/orchestra. In other words, I'm looking for SQ first and performance quality second. I know that might sound backwards but I don't have enough knowledge to have a major preference between performances but I can hear SQ. Certainly a great recording of a great performance is ideal.

To keep things limited I am specifically interested in these works:

Beethoven's 9th
Mahler's 4th
Dvorak's 4th
Brahm's 4th

Certainly open to other symphonies by these composers. I have the works listed above and other symphonies by them as well.

Thanks for any recommendations,

George

n80
bdp24, I think Dave Edmunds did some solo work too. I love "Pictures at an Exhibtion". I'll look into Sabre Dance.

Would also like a reference for a good CD of "Pictures at an Exhibition."
It seems like it always has stuff I don't want tacked onto the CD with it.
It may be a bit of nostalgia, but I’ve always been very fond of the old Leibowitz "Power of the Orchestra" on RCA, first on Lp and then in gorgeous sounding DSD.

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Leibowitz-The-Power-of-The-Orchestra-Moussorgsky-Hybrid-Stereo-SACD/produ...

(Oops, didn't see that it was a pre-order.  I guess the SACD is currently out of print.)
daverz, I don't mind boxed sets of good recordings. I'm never going to be an aficionado or a serious collector of classical CDs. I'll probable never own many duplicates of any given works. So a well recorded box set makes sense. I'll look into that Dvorak set.
@n80, oh yeah, Edmunds has a lot of solo albums, and one as a member of the great Rockpile (with Nick Lowe, Billy Bremner, and Terry Williams). Dave just announced his retirement---he's in his mid-70's. He continued to perform "Sabre Dance" after going solo, usually as a set-closer. His playing on the piece is a real tour de force.
I need to dig deeper there. Free 30 day Tidal and 90 day Apple Music will help with that.