What the heck is up with the audiogon listing photos?

Can anyone explain the mostly obscured thumbnails in the gear listings? I'm talking about the tiny circle thumbnails in front of blurred backgrounds. Is this site flaw supposed to be a feature, or is this the new "base" listing, where one has to pay additional for an unblurred image?

User experience. You're doing it wrong.

yakbob
That's fine but the obscured photos is still an embarrassment and needs to be addressed.
@Admin
Yes, each of us can individually choose the more informative "Classic View" once we understand the process of getting to the selection point.
But my concern is that not all potential buyers will know this, and any listing that I put up will not get the eyeballs it would have with your prior design.  I believe that this "fisheye"/"keyhole" change is a detriment to your sales channel.
mapman"the obscured photos is still an embarrassment and needs to be addressed."

Why would this embarrass you and why does it "need" to be addressed?
Because it looks bad, reflects poorly on Audiogon as a result,  and works against the purpose of the site which is to help people buy and sell things easily.

this sight has slowly gone from a gear lovers sight to a dealers resale sight similar to Auto-trader. remember when it was free to post an add and they only charged for upgraded listings then they started charging for every add, that’s when the dealers seemed to take it over. now the average person lists on US audiomart (canuck-uk audiomart) and this place is primarily a dealer sight with 10% private sellers. not that this is bad just the reality