I want to use an OTA HD antenna...

but I don't know what brand to buy. Also, my CRT doesn't have a tuner, so I need a recommendation on that too.
128x128tabl10s
In my area, and depending on ones location, the biggest majority of the populus needs a 'piggy back' ant. (two directional ariels), each pointing in differing directions, as all but one or two station are in the same general area. SE. The other major affiliate is NNW.

Beyond that apparatus, a 'rotor' type antenna + digital tuner would be my pick. The rotor will turn or point the aerial in the exact direction of the broadcasting station via remote control. Usually that device is a small box with controls for memory positioning of most or all the local broadcast towers. Naturally a rotor antenna is a powered motor driven unit, so bare that in mind.

Once set for each station, just punch in the ch. and then switch the tuner to that ch. I'd suspect now or very, very soon, these devices will be all in one units, and not require the double moves of selecting both station direction for the antenna, and the ch on the tuner as well.

Check it out.

Otherwise if all the affiliates are in the same area, only your standard type (unidirectional) antenna would be needed. Then just a proper height and compass will be needed…. Call the local ch in your area and they’ll tell you where they planted their broadcasting towers so you can aim your aerial without the need for another person to yell when the ch is coming in good… although having another about when dialing in the antenna is a good thought in any case.
Your DTV box works in lieu of a digital tuner. The DVRs will do the same. Yes the interactive systems being implemented now are the future, where all services are combined into one system. I would love to try AT&T U-verse, unfortunately it isn't in my area yet!

Does Surewest not offer you a master DVR that can be used with several slaved DVR boxes? That would be the ticket! You do not need any additional tuners for your TVs.
Gmood1,

Are you saying that I can connect the antenna to the Tivo directly for OTA HD eventhough it's an older analog version?
Surewest offer's DVR, but I'm used to Tivo and it's mine to keep, not lease. I can also have it hacked without consequence.
No not sure about the DVR..I don't think so. I do know DTV offers a OTA tuner that works in conjunction with your current box(Direct TV DVR or standard unit). It will allow you to integrate the local channels into your current guide and select them without any source switching.

Some of their older tuners have this built in. If you see an antenna in coaxial input on the back of your box..then you can use the current unit and hook up your OTA antenna.

If not they'll send you a slim black OTA tuner to use with your system..albeit at a slight cost.
I just checked DTV Tivo and it has a seperate connection for the antenna(my analog Sony only has one coxial input, but I'm wondering if I can split the signal between OTA and the cable feed).