SOTA vs VPI (or stick with my Rega?)

I currently have a Rega Planar 3 (2016) with a Dynavector 10x5 that suits me and my record collection (mostly reggae, afrobeat, and jazz) but have been thinking about a turntable upgrade as my vinyl collection continues to expand.

Initially, I considered just a simple Groovetracer subplatter and upgraded counterweight, but am not sure if that is worthwhile. So now I've expanded the search to include a used SOTA Sapphire V or used VPI Prime/VPI Classic. I like the Rega's "PRAT" and no-nonsense design, but would be interested in getting more detail and cleaner, deeper bass out of my vinyl.

Any suggestions/advice/thoughts and alternatives welcome. THANKS!
For reference, my system consists of a Hegel H-160, Vandersteen Treos (non CT), Rega Planar 3, LFD Phonostage LE, and Dynavector 10x5. 
gritter2
I know they still make VPI
tables.  SOTA is long gone
 Or a take over now 
The 3rd table from the UK   they make better tables in the UK at same price point.   So  VPI  wins + USA made.    ONLY   IMO

SOTA was purchased by employees several years ago, and is doing fine right now (Kirk passed, but Donna is still owner). They're even working on new product development, including a series increment to the current table lineup, and a high-end rack. Still USA-made. Far from "long gone".

They did a bang-up job on my Star/Nova rebuild this summer. Check out their Facebook page. 
@mulveling @ryskie I’m interested to hear your thoughts on the SOTA sound. I was about to pull the trigger on an RP8, but the SOTA Sapphire V (2016, non vacuum) seems like a great deal on a solid TT. Again, the arm pairing for now is Origin Live Silver MK3 (which SOTA offers in their recommended pairings).

Would be interested to hear what you think SOTA’s strong suits are? The suspension looks awesome as does the build quality. I’ve just not had the opportunity to hear how the SOTA sounds.

Thanks!

@gritter2
It’s always very hard to separate a table’s sound from the arm, cartridge and phono stage combination. But I’ve used the SOTA over 10 years, with several various cartridges and stages. The FR64fx arm has been a constant, though. The Origin arm has rigid bearings too, which I feel is important.

With my Star/Nova deck, it’s never been hard to achieve a gorgeous analog sound that makes you feel like throwing away all your digital gear & music. If I had to assign a sonic influence to this deck, I’d say that it would be a little on the side of rich, voluptuous, romantic. You will get very robust bass and dynamics out of this. It will lean more towards "organic" and "PRaT" oriented, rather than techno-analytical. Yet it certainly doesn’t have a strong coloration, since I’ve had various Benzes, Koetsus, and Ortofons on this deck, each with their own distinct character shining through.

The only minor sonic issue I ever ran into was with an Ortofon Winfeld MC, that had a bit of searing treble - which was probably due to interaction with the heavy tonearm and my speakers at the time, more than anything else. The Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Kontrapunkt "c" and Koetsu stones have all sounded outright "magical" on this deck, with proper supporting gear. The various Benzes (Glider L2, Wood M2, Ref 3 Wood) have also sounded quite excellent.

I also love my ClearAudio Master Innovation (I previously also had the regular Innovation Wood), but you have to work so much harder to isolate those decks. And so much more $. Sonically, they’re also more on the technical side of analog reproduction. And it’s extremely impressive & enjoyable too, once you get it all right - but the SOTA has a more traditional analog sound.
Post removed