Totem Acoustic Forest Signatures

I am putting together a new 2 channel system! I am looking for a new pair of speakers and my budget is around $7000. This thread has to deal only with the Totem Acoustic Forest Signatures!!!!!!  I have always been a fan of Totem Acoustic and love the Totem sound.  I have owned almost all their speakers except for the element series and the Forest Signatures. I have been trying to find reviews on the signatures but can't find anything useful so I am turning to the Audiogon crowd.

Has anyone demoed these or does anyone currently own a pair or owned a pair in the past that can give some useful insight? I don't listen to my music at high volumes and my music mainly consists of R&B from the 50's till now.

The speakers will be hooked up to the following - Hegel H360 integrated 
- Hegel Cdp4a CD player 
- Audioquest Wild Blue Yonder interconnects
- Audioquest Wild Wood speaker cable
- Audioquest Wel Signature power cables
- Shunyata MPC12A power conditioner but looking to upgrade to their new Denali series.
Ag insider logo xs@2xbrandonosman23
Plenty of power Schubert, you should be fine.  400 into 4ohms is definitely not overkill.  I have a special relationship with my dealer, so not sure he could do as much off for you.  Let’s just say $650 off should be a no brainer.  My dealer was Surround Sounds, Exton, pa.  Ron is the owner.  Good luck...drop my name if you want.
I agree, dave_b

For such a relatively small 2- way speaker, the Signatures are very dynamic. They can disappear at times and sound eminates above the speakers and around the room. The center fill is expansive as my speakers are currently 9 feet apart from front claw to claw. For such a small footprint, they sound much larger. 

Schubert,

The more clean power the better from everything that I can gather. My Levinson amp is only 125 watts into 8 ohms but it doubles down from there. It doesn't flinch. But its very high voltage. My Anthem with 225/310 drives them easily but the sound is "sloppy" by comparison. I would say 300/400 watts, Clean Watts easily would play well. The Signatures are often demoed with very high powered amps. If I may, ghosthouse has a pair of Forests and often runs a high powered Class D Merrill Audio Teranis stereo amplifier with great results. 

Springsteen,

I agree that a Ayre has created some fantastic fully balanced audio gear. I am very satisfied with my CD-7 player and 5-preamp. Regarding cables, I alternate between Cardas and Audioquest interconnects. 

N
Comments in the discussion at the link below might be of interest. Would have been helpful to have the "big watts for Forests" viewpoint better represented in it.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/which-watts-are-the-right-watts-in-ss-amps/post?highlight=tot...

Nutty certainly "may" re the Taranis (400 wpc 8 ohms/600 wpc 4 ohms). It works very well with the Forests. I’ve used 6 different amps with the Forests (3 tube-based). The Taranis pairing is a favorite. Leads me to chuckle when I read how miserable Class D must sound.

Just to play provocateur for a bit, however, the Forests also sound very good with a 20 wpc First Watt F7 (30 wpc at 4 ohms). Different sound than generated with the Taranis...a bit mellower (Class A), not as incisive. Strain-free peaks in the low 90 db range at the listening position some 10 feet on the diagonal from the speakers. Could go louder but haven’t tried. Phenomenal bass...more than from the Taranis. Gain on subs has to be reduced when the F7’s in use (and no, I don’t hear a loss of bass control associated with the "more bass"). All this a function of very accommodating speaker design as well as Nelson Pass’ amp design genius, no doubt. Expect the same would apply to pairing with the Signatures.

The take away for Forests in my experience then: more (SS) watts are preferred as the general rule but there can be notable exceptions.
Post removed