Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Rebbi,

Good choice! I'm enjoying my 100-s3s more and more every day, as they "break in." I find that they seem to do piano particularly well, with compelling realism in both the delicate upper register and palpable authority with the lower register -- like with my real piano, I can FEEL the bass notes.

Enjoy, and happy new year!
Winegasman,
Glad you are enjoying yours, as well. As I mentioned, I'm still not sure whether I am going to keep the original drivers or the modified ones that John sent to me. Perhaps a pair of speakers like yours might be in my future, although I'm not sure whether the 100s would overwhelm my room, which is relatively small. Besides, having taken something of a bath on the cost of the Totems, I need to lay off my audio purchases for a while! Anyway, enjoy!
Rebbi - Happy New Year, and congrats on your decision. Although it cost you more $, that was great that you held on to the Totems and went through the demo process a little longer.

Like you said, so much back and forth (sometimes very heated) is just different tastes. But I think this thread was a great testament to Ohm's ability to really deliver - Totems are no slouches, I've heard them all.

If you can, please share some insights on the second set of drivers that John sent you, and let us know what you decide on.

Winegasman, the Ohm's ability to handle piano is something that I've heard from other listeners - there's even an old thread here somewhere that mentions it. Besides the room-filling sound, IMO, the crossover-less midrange really makes a difference for a more natural sound...
"Besides the room-filling sound, IMO, the crossover-less midrange really makes a difference for a more natural (piano) sound..."

I briefly suggested Walsh driver speaks for piano on another recent thread on the topic, but didn't go too deep into why.

The single Walsh driver covers most of the range needed for realistic piano from the low to mid-high range plus provides the sound stage needed to sound realistic. It is very unique in this aspect that lends itself particularly well for piano IMHO.
Congrats Rebbi!!! I think John should let you take a pair of the big ones then you can start another awesome thread.