Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Rebbi - You've been pulling out lots of great recordings - it is a great feeling when you get the most out of them.
Since these conversations on the Ohms began, I've been listening to my speakers with a more critical ear again, also pulling out older recordings. I must say that these speakers have saved me from having to spend money every year in search for something better. I usually grow tired of something after a very short time, but after 4 years, these MT's keep delivering the goods.
Any updates? I am very interested in the Ohm's, and have my eyes set on the 100-S3's. I've noticed that some people rave about them, and then ultimately choose something else.
My 100s are scheduled to arrive today. I'll give it a few days and post first impressions here early next week.

Marty
Great, Marty. I can't wait to hear your impressions. I am still periodically swapping out my Totem Arro's with my Ohm MWT's. I'll update with some impressions.

Also, my Sapphire FINALLY arrived from being refurbished from SOTA, and my Bottlehead Seduction phono stage is almost completely assembled, so I'll have my vinyl to play with real soon now, too! :-D
Well, I thought it was past due for me to post another set of impressions. I have been playing both the Totems and the Micro Walsh Talls as much as possible. I've been alternating the two speakers, pretty much one week on and one week off. Here are some impressions...

Both speakers are quite impressive in their own way. The Totems have tight, ample base, particularly for their diminutive size... there is some real magic going on there, for sure. :-) Also, with the right source material, the Totems are capable of throwing quite a large, holographic soundstage.

The Totems also have a quality that I'm not sure how to express, let alone evaluate. At this stage of their break in, they seem to express a very detailed, "transparent" quality. What is unclear to me is whether this is really neutral or a rather bright/forward tilt. Ultimately, I think that the way you feel about the Arro will be more a matter of personal taste than anything else.

Although I definitely see the great strengths of the Totems, I am still, at this stage of the game, somewhat more drawn to the Micro Walsh Talls. For one thing,they are capable of generating some truly profound bass notes... beyond "bass notes," it would be more accurate to say "bass energy." When the source material calls for thunder, these things can really thunder! I can understand why someone commented that John, the owner of Ohm, says that one some people hear them, they think there must be a subwoofer hidden somewhere. :-)

Another thing that the Micro Walsh Talls have going for them is something that, as trite a word as this is, I would call "coherency." The music hangs together in a seamless fashion that is quite striking. I really don't know how else to describe it.

Finally, the Micro Walsh Talls have the ability, with the right material, to not only throw a wide and deep soundstage, but to really reach out TOWARD YOU and fill the room with music. It's very involving, and sometimes, almost spooky.

Right now, I would say that Totems do have a bit of an edge, all things considered, in that "transparency" department, but I suspect that the Micro Walsh Talls still have some opening up to do, and that the Totems still have some settling down to do.

For now, over and out...