Simaudio Moon 740P preamp vs. Ayre KX-5 Twenty

Anybody compared this to Ayre KX-5 Twenty? I really like the Ayre, but I can get a Demo Moon 740P for about $5K locally.

Any other solid state preamp that I should really look at ? I don't like tubes preamps, unless something "hybrid" like PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp.

Thanks!
128x128thyname
Understand. I didn’t realize at the time you were asking about the amps in your thread that you were also considering moving from your QX-5 Twenty DAC (the digital volume control). All the best in your search.
Oh I am keeping the QX-5 Twenty @david_ten . But I am thinking of running it through a Preamp . Everyone says sounds better that way. Gotta try to know , right?
I have a friend that all three "Twenty" pieces and he thought the preamp was the best of the three pieces.
Thanks. Had I known you were also considering a preamp, my recommendation on how to move forward would have been different (in your other thread).

@jackd  makes the point, succinctly... 

I have a friend that all three "Twenty" pieces and he thought the preamp was the best of the three pieces.

In any case, I wish you all the best in the journey and what lies at the end of it.
In fact even after selling the amp and the DAC he kept the preamp for quite a while before going back to a tube preamp. Or quite a while for him anyway.