Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Thanks, Mapman. I'm not a beer drinker, really, but this "virtual Bud's" for you, since you were the one who convinced me to try these puppies to begin with.
I really think your Unico hybrid amp is practically a perfect match to bring out the best in the Ohms, so I think you will be very well set.

The Ohms are one of the few low cost speaks I know that are capable of transcending their class in regards to performance due to the unique and innovative design.

The large surface area applied with the Walsh style drivers compared to traditional drivers of comparable size, along with the high phase coherency and wide dispersion pattern nature, are the main reasons these are almost in a class of their own for the size and asking price IMHO.
Glad to see there is another happy camper. There needs to be a resource for Ohm owners and perspective owners to hang out and discuss these great speakers!
Rebbe,

Any trace of too much "sound bouncing off the walls" and adversely affecting imaging?

I know imaging accuracy was one of the areas that you had concerns about with the Ohms early on in your search.

This is one of the areas that the newer series 3 drivers really shine in comparison with the older Ohm Walsh CLS designs from the 80's that many are most often familiar with.
Rebbi, I'm really glad that the Ohms are working out for you so far!
Bass - for a quasi-full range driver, all Ohms go deep, but not at the expense of definition, or naturalness. John at Ohm says that people think subs are built into his speakers...

The depth and presence isn't only available on great recordings! When I was in the demo period with mine, I played some live recordings of my band, recorded very simply, with one mic. I found firstly, the Ohms didn't color the sound frequency-wise, but also, you got a real sense of the venue too! Pretty cool...