“Sharp Objects” Tonearm/ Cartridge

Just wondering if anyone recognizes the turntable setup featured in the opening credits of “Sharp Objects” on HBO. The cartridge is mounted to the head shell with a single bracket with two threaded screw holes. Who manufactures this bit of hardware? Are there any major advantages or disadvantages in using this hardwares? Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
128x128mre28m5
More interesting perhaps, is that inside the plotline her step-father has a high-end rig of VPI TT and some very fancy separates(Classe, Chord, or Sim Audio?) that he calls his "new toy," his absorption with which signifies estrangement from the three women in his life and the general eccentricity of a mad mother with whom he drinks, listens, and dances nights away.
Yes, I agree. To me the stepfather’s stereo system is a minor character in the overall story. I have thought/ felt that it is his refuge, his mistress, even. There is an undercurrent in this story that everything old is new again. I suppose that the stereo system’s character is an aspect of that. I had missed the “new toy” line. Thanks for your thoughts/ analysis.
The series is a good watch as well and its always nice to see an audiophile getting some air time, by the way has anyone seen any speakers?
The turntable is a VPI Prime and the strap you see is the finger lift that is attached with the cartridge bolts.