Best Rocking Speakers 15K and Under

Been looking around for speakers in the 15K range and under. Most of my music is listened to on Vinyl but recently purchased a Aurender N10 for streaming which I am really happy with. I listen to a very wide range of music, some classical, jazz, classic rock, punk and metal. About 10 years ago I got rid of my 70’s era JBL and Pioneer speakers and they both really played everything well. Now it seems difficult finding the right all around speaker.  FYI, I like playing loud and want to hear the bass, but not wanting to go with subs. 

So far I have listened with my set-up the new Magico A-3 and was impressed. Also on different gear at a dealer Monitor Audio Platinum 300 (I liked) but wasn’t a fan on the same set-up Totem Wind Design, Aerial 7T or ProAc D48R. In fairness to the Proacs I liked the sound but there was a lot of boominess at the dealer and in a fairly large listening area. Might have to go to a different dealer and listen again. Listened to the Legacy Signatures at Audio Doctor and was really impressed. 

So my short list is Magico A-3, Legacy Focus SE, ProAc D-48R. Anything I’m missing that I should hunt down for a demo? I haven’t yet but by the encouragement of my salesman wants me to listen on my exact set-up the Focal Kanta and Sopra  as well. 

Recently switched my front end and although my current speakers sound 100% better still not low enough and the highs become fatiguing afer awhile.
 Currently Gear:
McIntosh C2600 Preamp
McIntosh MC611 Monos
Aurender N10
Dr. Feikert Woodpecker TT with Jelco Tonearm/Koetsu Black Goldline, Denon 301II, Sumiko Blue Point
Speakers Kef Reference 3.

Not willing to change any of my front end, just speakers. (And please no Tektons)
trknomo
Benzman, as a Persona Dealer, we absolutely loved your findings.

We would love to sell the A3 for no other reason then they will certaintly be one of the most looked at speakers in that price point and it would add to our outstanding selection of Legacy, Paradigm, KEF, Quad, Dali, ATC, and Elac lines.

With that being said and not having direct experience with the A3 we have always found the Magico line to be extremely well crafted but a bit too refined in their presentation, they were not bright and not dull the sound just seemed to lay there, without any striking qualities for our taste.

The Paradigm Personas may be a controversial product that some people may find bright but we find when they are matched correctly to be one of the most holographic and most transparent speaker systems for the price out there and the bass of the 3F is also surprisingly deep down to 24hz in room which is very similar to the Magico’s bass response of 22hz with a bit greater efficiency.

We would also agree with you that the Persona's can play loudly without distortion, our 9F are being driven by a T+A power amplifier which provides 300watts into an 8ohm load and 500 watts into a 4 ohm load and we can play this system at ear bleeding levels without strain.  

We also believe in the attribute of having the exact same material for the tweeter and midrange being both Beryilium being a huge advantage in having a very coherent sounding loudspeaker. 

At this point there are a few standout new loudspeakers at or around this price point which are very exciting and very high value products that bring the cost of owning a state of the art loudspeaker down in price.

We would say the Personas, the Magico A3, the Kef Reference line and the Sopras’s are four of the best at these price points for the clarity and tranparency camp.

In our minds the Legacy’s Focus are going to be very hard to beat if your tastes go to the warmer richer presentation with deep and puncy bass response.

The Focus are way more efficient, play louder and go lower than most of the other high end loudspeakers from most of the major manufacturers.

We love the Legacy’s for all of their outstanding attributes and superb value for the dollar wlhat is interesting is the sheer difference in bass that you can only get from a larger 12 inch bass driver vs the 7 inch woofers of both the Magico A3 and the Persona 3F, the smaller bass drivers are impressive for their speed and how much deep bass both Magico and Pardigm can get out of these small high tech woofers, but neither of these speakers can do the amount of sheer bass output without distortion that the Legacy’s can put out.

One lovely comment at the last New York Audio Show a person came up to Bill Dudeleston and exclaimed that the Aeris at $25k sounded better than most of the $60k and above loudspeakers he has heard.

We have the previlage of having three reference grade loudspeaker lines Kef, Paradigm and Legacy on display and each of these wondeful lines have their own personalities.

After having been in this industry for over 30 years all of these manuacturers should be congratulated for creating something truly remarkable for a somewhat affordable price point. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

The best rocking speakers under $15k are still in the design phase over at PS Audio & will be based on Arnie Nudell’s final speaker project; the ’IRS-killer’. Those speakers will have active servo-controlled bass drivers & Paul tells me they will really rock! https://www.psaudio.com/askpaul/the-secrets-behind-ps-speakers/
@melbuyone Yes I’ve watched that video myself as well. Maybe that will be my next set of speakers. Like to see what Paul comes up with in the 10K price point. 
Post removed 
For ultra revealing, you should have a listen to the Egglestonworks Rosa SE’s.  Although they lack the lower end bass the Andra’s give you, I actually find the Rosa’s more accurate and revealing with just enough bass to fill out the music (although adding a very small sub completely transforms their sound).  My Wilson W/P’s were more of a “rock” speaker, however the Rosa’s were faster and cleaner when playing very fast, complicated or “full” music.  Seems impossible to find a dealer in the tri-state area with them to demo as US customers seem to only want the bigger Andra’s, but maybe someone here has a pair at home they’d let you listen to?

I’m currently using the McIntosh C50/MC452 combo on Rosa’s.  Good friend has C1000/MC2301’s on a pair of Rosa’s as well.  Amazing sound!