vpi tnt still a performer?

any thoughts on a vpi  graham 1.5 ? I have a line , am i barking up the wrong tree? or should i keep my classic.. 
128x128oleschool
@melm I have a "modified" TNT with a solid black lead-filled acrylic platter.  Quite good.  The Aries platter I have has a thin (maybe 1/4") layer of black acrylic on top of a metal (I though stainless or aluminum) platter.  Heavy.  Grooved.  Rests on an oil bath bearing.  It is an original Aries Extended table.

Thanks for the clarification.

My opinion....  

I have heard the solid acrylic platters and the solid aluminum platters.  I prefer the Aries platter followed by the lead filled acrylic platter.  
@bpoletti Of course you are entitled to "prefer" what you own, many people do. However you never specifically state that you have heard the acrylic-lead platter on your Aires.

As I wrote earlier, HW, the designer of these TTs, has written that the acrylic-lead platter comes closer to the sound of a master tape (his design criterion) than do the all acrylic or the sandwich platters. That he said that about a platter he was no longer manufacturing lends it some additional credibility.

I have not made any personal comparisons or claims--just sticking with what I have.
@melm I do specifically state I have heard the acrylic-lead platter.  I have it on a "modified TNT" and indicate "quite good" as my opinion on performance.  It is also my opinion that the modded TNT with the lead-filled acrylic platter is not quite as good as the Aries Extended.  But there may be other factors impacting performance.  It's my choice to use the Aries as my primary table.  Just my opinion and personal experience.

That said, you have piqued my interest in exploring the performance potential of the lead-filled acrylic platter.  I was considering some additional mods to the TNT.  Now I think I will start working on that (may actually be another redesign of the plinth) a little more aggressively.  

I have heard direct comparisons between the Classic tables and the Aries Extended.  Also heard the thick acrylic platter.  I'll stick with what I have as well.
@bpoletti  One must also ask about the bearing, which may have more to do with the SQ than any distinction between various acrylic and metal platters.  The bearing that came with the original acrylic-lead platter was clearly bettered by later bearings, speaking here only of the non-inverted oil bath kind.  In my case I use a (modified) Mark V, IIRC, the last, and best, of them.