Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT Setup Questions

I just purchased a used set of Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT speakers that will be delivered in a week or so. I am going to be doing the setup myself (help of my brother also). The Vandy Quatro / CT manual has very good detail and I am reading, preparing and starting to really understand the process. 

Vandersteen recommends using natural instrument Jazz recordings because they say these offer the most realistic and accurate sonic reproductions. They even recommend using Ray Brown Soular Energy. Can anyone recommend any other similar reference recordings?

Does anyone have any general recommendations and tips for Vandy speaker setup? Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

pilrem
Setup is very important....even the slightest maladjustment will affect the ultimate performance.  If you are unaware, get back to John Rutan....a whiz at this procedure. You need a pen laser, an analogue sound pressure meter, etc.  You will not know how good the speakers sound unless you address everything.
First congrats - you will be rewarded and shocked with what your room does to bass and how you can tame it in the analog domain.
first verify verify verify amp input impedence!!!!!
otherwise you will need a good multimeter !
get the RS analog meter, verify it works
get a camera tripod to get meter at listening position ear level
get a Leica Disto for super accurate measurement of distance to tweeter ( used to set tilt !!!
get your chair OFF the wall
my Ears in the beater Treo CT setup are 40” off the wall
follow the instructions
the Vandertones disc has a nice bass recording made at Oceanway Studio
it is a good alternate to Ray
but Amazon has Soular Energy :-)
i also use  JD Souther Silver Blue on the album A Natural History - Victor Krauss plays bass
but I prefer Stanley Clarke on Black Rose version
enjoy
short of 7’s imo one of the absolute best speakers out there
ask ???????

Try Mastodon's "Once more round the sun" on vinyl.  Excellent tonal balance, timbral brilliance and killer dynamics.