Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT Setup Questions

I just purchased a used set of Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT speakers that will be delivered in a week or so. I am going to be doing the setup myself (help of my brother also). The Vandy Quatro / CT manual has very good detail and I am reading, preparing and starting to really understand the process. 

Vandersteen recommends using natural instrument Jazz recordings because they say these offer the most realistic and accurate sonic reproductions. They even recommend using Ray Brown Soular Energy. Can anyone recommend any other similar reference recordings?

Does anyone have any general recommendations and tips for Vandy speaker setup? Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

pilrem
Try Mastodon's "Once more round the sun" on vinyl.  Excellent tonal balance, timbral brilliance and killer dynamics. 
I ran the original Quatro's for 7 years and loved them.  They absolutely reward you for very careful work on speaker placement, and tomic601's list of needed tools above is spot on.  I can testify to the 1/4" claims.

One thing that amazed me was the importance of getting the correct tilt angle to hit you correctly at your listening position.  Richard Vandersteen underscored that to me on the phone, and when I dialed it in, "Shazzam!", there was that beautiful midrange singing clearly!  And don't try filling in dips in bass response too much - - I believe the manual emphasizes that, too, but I lived it.  It can suck the life out of things.  The 11 band bass equalizer is best suited to tame peaks.

Enjoy 'em!  I would have loved to have played with the CT versions!
I believe WI has a fantastic Vandersteen dealer
but there are many of us and of course the factory to help also
yes the point about trying to raise real holes w EQ is covered in the manual - in fact boost across all 11 bands is not equal to cut for that very reason
also
hopefully your pair will come with the excellent yellow Vishay screwdriver to adjust the bass
adjustment of bass is really a two person job
my guess is your previous owner will also have NOT reset all 11 bands to zero on each speaker - be sure to do that
a small high intensity led flash light is a godsend....
take your time.... you shall be rewarded