DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
calvinj,

So, really, you just find the actual debate to be outside your interest.  In other words, you are fundamentally incurious about the very subject you started a thread on. 

That is just really odd. 

(Of course it can also be explained by you just wanting to start a troll thread to diss people with a skeptical view rather than interact with their ideas...but I was trying to draw out something...anything...more promising than that from you.   Ah well....).

It’s not that difficult to see from calvinj’s point of view there is no debate. He made that pretty clear in his somewhat baiting OP. That’s why the OP was all caps. I’m sure calvinj thanks all those who took the bait. 🤡

By the way, there is no difference between cable skeptics and say, skeptics of the Tice Clock, Mpingo discs, Silver Rainbow Foil, the Green Pen, Schuman Frequency Generator, tiny little bowl resonators or demagnetizing CDs. The only difference is how the skeptic will decide to formulate his philosophic and scientific attack.
Cable debates do have a certain sporting value. There may be no winners or losers but the fun is in taking part.

As we have no voting system or judge and jury there may never be an end to this debate. Unless of course WS agree to give the final word to an indifferent bystander, Elizabeth perhaps.

Alternatively we could attempt to have it added to a Philosophy syllabus throughout our most noble seats of learning. It could join other perplexing questions such as the following :

• Is our universe real? 
  • Do we have free will?
  • Does God exist? ...
  • Can you really experience anything objectively?
and finally the big one, the one you're no doubt waiting for - Do cables make a difference?

It might work if we can only get someone with a fully working brain to run it for us. How about it prof? Would you be up for attempting to steer contrary disinterested undergrads through the difficult and treacherously challenging paths of logic and rationality?

You're seem to be the only one among us here with the necessary patience and experience. 
No not outside my interest as far as debating is concerned. I’ve read your viewpoint. Your several viewpoints actually. They are long and winding.  I’m looking at others at this point. No offense to you and the thesis. Lol. Enjoy 
"We" make audio to complicated. It's actually pretty simple...if you hear a difference with cables that you prefer than purchase them. If you don't hear a difference or you hear a difference that's not to your liking,  don't purchase them. Audio is about preferences based on the context of the system and room. That includes speakers, amps, preamps, cables, and everything else.