Vibration Issues / Turntable Decisions

Currently have a Thorens TB-150 which is upgraded to about the fullest extent (Cardas Wiring, New Walnut Plinth, MusicHall Cruise Control 2.0, Rega RB220 Arm, Ortofon 2M Bronze). With that being said, my table is plagued with skips if you all but tip-toe in the room. One of those things that just gets on my nerves. So I have been looking around for a mass-loaded TT.

Is changing to a ClearAudio Performance or MusicHall 9.3 really going to make a different in the skipping?
Any feedback on the Goldring Eroica LX Cart?
Are there any tables to be looking at?

Thanks!

-Ron
hifiron
Post removed 
@Geoffkait - I tried the bungee cords and besides my near disaster, I found the TT, not being uniform in weight distribution, wouldn’t be level with the bungee cords.  Guess I could have weighed my platform with weights to offset the difference, but I just went with metal cable and springs.  I’m still not primo as get an acoustic bass load up, when playing heavy bass LP’s. I can listen to regular to high dB levels, but can still get a cartridge feedback with heavy bass albums.  Any recommendations?

handymann
@Geoffkait - I tried the bungee cords and besides my near disaster, I found the TT, not being uniform in weight distribution, wouldn’t be level with the bungee cords. Guess I could have weighed my platform with weights to offset the difference, but I just went with metal cable and springs. I’m still not primo as get an acoustic bass load up, when playing heavy bass LP’s. I can listen to regular to high dB levels, but can still get a cartridge feedback with heavy bass albums. Any recommendations?

>>>>The trick is to match the load with the proper spring rate. For example the cryo compression springs I sell are rated at 15 lb/in. Since my springs are only 1.5” uncompressed so you only want to compress them 1/2” or 3/4”. 4 Springs would be ideal for a total mass of about 30-34 lb. Five springs for a mass of 40-50 lb. As you suggest the mass needs to be equally distributed to keep things level. My new super stiff springs will support very heavy loads such as big VPI and Verdier turntables and Classe and other big heavy amps and subwoofers. I suspect when suspending turntables the dynamics of the spinning platter could be an issue. The mass distribution is probably an issue. I would try the cables without the springs and see what happens. Stiffer is preferable to too springy.
@hifiron
In your OP post you mention interest in the Clearaudio Performance. Beautiful table, but I’ve see it play in a room with bad footfall issues (suspended wood floor), and the magnetic-bearing arm mounted on it (Clarify, I think) was an absolute disaster in that setting. Way too sensitive & springy of a suspension, which is the same problem as your Thorens, it seems.

The rigid bearing arms did a lot better in that setting. Even the magnify, which is a hybrid of magnetic & rigid bearing, should do much better (nice arm). I’d stay away from the fully magnetic arm for sure, even if you solve your table isolation issues (which of course you should!).

My friend reinforced the floor from underneath (it was a basement) and that helped in his case.