10 sonically best rock recordings ?

In your opinion what are the 10 sonically best rock recordings ?
mejames
Some of my favorites include:

"Songs for a Blue Guitar" Red House Painters
"What's Next to the Moon" Mark Kozelek (singer from RHPs, covering Bon Scott era AC/DC acoustic)
"Arches & Aisles" The Spinanes
"Agaetis Byrjun" Sigur Ros; ethereal sounds from Iceland
just a little note re the "Who's Next" recommendations:
please find the Steve Hoffman (of DCC fame) thread over in the rock music forum at Audio Asylum. a very very interesting read for fans of this seminal work

greggr

p.s. of course i ordered the canadian pressing as soon as i could find it!! (this will make sense after you read Steve's comments)
Here's a few that'll blow your mind!;

Queensryche~Empire (DCC Gold Version)
Yes~Fragile (East/West Japan HDCD re)
Led Zeppelin~III (East/West Japan AMCY-2433)
Def Leppard~Hysteria (MFSL UDCD Gold)
Rush~Moving Pictures (MFSL UDCD Gold)
Los Lobotomys~Candyman (S.Lukather/S.Phillips of TOTO)
The Who~Whos Next (MFSL UDCD Gold)...definetely!
U2~The Joshua Tree (MFSL UDCD Gold)
Robin Trower~Bridge of Sighs (24bit extended remaster)
the list goes on, but I'll stop here with my top recommended's, and fav's!
i was in costco today and saw a Petty anthology that was subtitled "through the years". it's a 2 cd set and has a picture of him playing a guitar on the front cover. is this the anthology that is recommended becasue of superior sonics? it evidently is being released by a subsidiary (UTV Records) of his record company (MCA/Universal). i was hesitant to buy it when i saw that there was a label on the front that said "as seen on TV"...takes me back to the good old K-Tel days where they offered us TV viewers the rare opportunity to purchase compilations of the Guess Who, Monkees, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, etc., etc.

thanks for the help.

gregg
Yes this is remastered by Bob Ludwig and sounds great. The early albums master tapes were not great so those songs have limited improvement, but all songs from "Dam the Torpedos" to present have never sounded better.

I have also mentioned elsewhere that "Dam the Torpedos" and "Hard Promises" his two best albums are available remastered from the same sessions with Bob Ludwig.