Good, Affordable Horns?

I've often thought about adding a pair of horn loaded speakers, like say a pair of Klipsch La Scala, to my collection, but I've not heard enough horn loaded speakers to really know the differences, or what works and what doesn't. What are some good ones for under say $2K? What do these give up say compared to some of the larger and more expensive horn loaded speakers I've seen in AUdiogon user systems? The Jadis Eurythmie are one such pair I've seen that appear out of this world, but also must cost a small fortune.
128x128mapman
Klipsch are not good horn loaded speakers. I should know, I had 6 pairs over the years before I realized I was doing it all wrong. Knock on a cabinet of a Klipsch, it rings like a bell.
klipsch makes great horns...but honestly, your ohms are the benchmark loudspeakers. i think you're just bored at the moment.
Klipsch Heritage are great horn speakers at a price most could afford. Their magic is in the midrange which is not at all cabinet dependent (the horns, mid and tweet, do not use the cabinet for anything but physical support). There are many techniques to tweak those speakers, which do include cabinet bracing to address the bass cabinet (the only aspect of their performance that would be affected by the cabinet), as well as other simple and elaborate tweaks. I have owned five pairs of Klipsch horn speaker and none of them had a cabinet that "rings like a bell" - I'm not sure how wood could ever do that? If Krellm7 is referring to the metal horns ringing, that can be easily addressed with damping material. Before getting into any of the actual tweaks, which can be found elsewhere in the forum archives and at the Klipsch forums, I'd have to side with Jaybo. Given your current amplification I would never steer you towards Klipsch Heritage speakers. Though some like the combination, I've never liked them much with SS amps and they can sound quite harsh. PW Klipsch designed them for tubes. To my ears that is what they sound best with. If you are sticking with SS amplification, try something different if you want to try new speakers. If you really want to try Klipsch speakers in the price range you stated, and have the room for them, I'd pair a set of Klipschorns off with some great tube amps and save a bit of money for tweaking them (replace the tweet and Xover would be the first thing I'd do). LaScalas do not do the bass very well - they drop off severely at around 50hz. They do mids brilliantly. If you need bass, and don't have the corners for the Khorns, I'd look at Cornwalls. There is a Frankenstein version of those that Bob Crites came up with that he calls "Cornscalas" that might be a direction to pursue if you're a DIY guy too. Again, tubes are where its at with horns IMO.

Marco