DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
OMG, Prof..we get it!...you’re the epitome of unbiased-ness-ess. You are a wise and unsullied prophet...here to save us from ourselves... educate us!

The only suggestion I have is that your posts should be less brief and concise.

You are a wise and unsullied prophet...here to save us from ourselves...

Nope.

The only suggestion I have is that your posts should be less brief and concise.

!

My system has its power amps upstairs in a ventilated cupboard, they are the matching amps for ATC active 300scm, necessary due to noisy cooling fans. They are connected to my preamp with approx 15m  of studio balanced interconnects, then the amps are connected back to the speakers through another 15m of studio speaker cables which ATC supplied for the instal. The irony is, that all this studio quality cabling can clearly show the differences between a short 1m length of balanced studio cable between my dac and preamp and a high quality 3k  Dynamique Audio Zenith2 interconnect. The studio cabling doesn’t seem to be acting as a ‘sound quality’ filter, it’s still passing everything through. However when replacing the Zenith2 with a 1m length of the studio cable between dac and preamp, the sound takes a serious knock downwards. Is this magic at play. Maybe if I replaced all 30m of cables, which would necessitate pulling my house apart again and require a remortgage, I might gain further improvements, but that just ain’t gonna happen!!!

Prof

You've stated you engineer in post production. What is your job description? Maybe that will clarify some of your comments.