Great Value in Used Phono Preamp’s?

Hey, Folks!I am looking to increase the quality of my phono stage. For many years, I have been using a Bottlehead Seduction that I assembled myself. It’s been great, but  having spent some time with a borrowed, integrated amp with a really wonderful phono stage built-in, I think I’m ready to upgrade.What would you be looking for, used, in the $500 range in a used phono preamp? Thanks in advance!
rebbi

roberjerman

Bruce Moore made a phono stage version of his Paragon 12 called the Paragon E. Might be worth pursuing!

The Paragon System E was a full function preamp with a MM phono stage. I think it is very unlikely the OP will find one in his price range. I sold mine for quite a bit more than $500
What a great thread this has turned into! Thanks to all of you for your help!

Also, any love here for the Musical Surroundings Phenomena phono stages? I’ve heard they’re good. Thanks. 
One of the best, sound for cost, values out there (IMO, but also many others), is the Grahasm Slee Reflex M.
With the proper outboard power supply (PSU1), it would probably cost you about 7 or 8 hundred used. But you could find one that has just the wall-wart PS for $500, and add the PSU1 when more funds become available.
You would definitely, eventually want the PSU1. 
You wouldn't require an upgrade for a long time, if ever.

Dave
The old Realistic 42-2101A is an excellent sounding MM preamp.I prefer it to an EAR 834P and the Dynavector P75.You can pick them up for around $50.They seem to sound best when warmed up for a while.