Can someone explain to me why : Accupahse Equipment is that expensive ?

…….I was recently looking into their Power Conditioners as well as their Amplifiers and for a company where there is very little reviews done on their products, along with a small ( here in the US anyway )  almost a cult following if someone could tell me why is their prices the way they are. I just don't understand it. I have listened to their equipment and is nice and the build quality is very good but ; I always said to myself ; '' Not for that price ". I do not mean to be in an any way inflammatory with this statement but is :  Accuphase the McIntosh of the East ?  McIntosh makes some nice stuff but is no way priced like Accuphase, however it seems to operate very much with the same business model ; you are paying for the name and the pride of ownership and the sound is very much dated. Maybe I am missing something here and the sound is very good and like Rolex you buy a piece and you are set for a lifetime. FM Acoustics is also another one of the those companies......Just looking for a really good amp and these companies come up in my search but I am just sitting here scratching my head ?           
garebear
@uberwaltz...……………………

I agree with going used.  I replaced almost all of my 2 systems with McIntosh which I bought used.  I could never have afforded them brand new.  I dropped over 18K on McIntosh and had I bought them new it would have been over 40K.  To tell you the truth, they do all look new as Audio Classics does a great job with them.
It’s policy from Accuphase Japan and distributors are bound by it. Why buy Accuphase?
I spent 3 years auditioning amps to match my Martin Logan Summit X’s. After listening to 20 minutes of Accuphase class A integrated magic I bought it. 3 years later I have no regrets. Saw a review of my amp where they measured it clipping at _double_ the rated output. It’s specs are rated (both channels driven) down to one ohm. It doesn’t have the resolution of Esoteric or PS Audio, but I never tire of listening to it.
Those are the reasons you buy Accuphase. 
I have an old Accuphase C-200 preamp.  Anyone have any comments about that unit?  I was debating about sending it to an outfit that rebuilds, (recaps etc) the old unit.  Worth doing?  No defects right now that I am aware of but I do know that some electrical parts do degrade over the years.
I'm not quite sure of the relevance here. Couldn't you substitute a dozen or more highend audio names other than "Accuphase" and have the same question?
MR. M ...I guess that you could and being the OP, my question was directed at Accuphase specifically. The reason that I started  the thread as I have been looking at their amps ….