Static electricity pulled the rubber mat right off the Turntable!

Howdy folks!

Lotta static with the TT. Rush lifted the rubber mat right off the SL Technics 1200 GR table tonight! I live in Miami Florida with a billion percent humidity.  I keep the humidity at 55 to 60 percent while I'm gone and drop it to 45 percent asap. Better grounding? Better wall socket? Pre play were dead of static. Lifting it, it's charged!

Thanks, 

Brent
128x128knollbrent
Amazing.  Who would have thought?
It's nice not having to fight with static discharges and go through a ritual every time you put on a record, isn't it?
@chayro  yes it is wonderful! I don't see anything collecting on the stylus although I clean it regularly
I've seen several people get so hung up with analog that they stopped playing records because it's "too much trouble".  Plus they are always obsessing about alignment, VTA, etc, etc.  IMO, analog should be fun.  Yes, we should try to get an accurate alignment, turntable speed and take good care of our records. And I know that nobody likes smearing stuff on the records if they don't have to, including me.  But when static really becomes an issue to where it's making playing records not enjoyable, it's time to make some compromise and give in to something that helps the issue in a simple way, without static guns, magic stones, spraying down the house with fabric softener, humidifiers and god knows what else.  Just try to enjoy.  Really. 
@chayro  Listening to Willie Nelson's "To all the Girls" and it sounds amazing.Listening from the dining room table, no pops, no staticky crap. No insane electrical charge when I grab it off the table. It's a nice product. I don't notice any sound changes. Wow, Willie sounds so good!