Interconnects and non-believers

For anyone who denies there are differences in cables, I have news for you.
There are vast differences.  I just switched interconnects between my CD transport (Cyrus) and DAC (Schiit Gumby), and the result was transformational.  Every possible parameter was improved: better definition, better soundstaging,  better bass, better depth etc.
I can’t understand how any audiophile with ears can deny the differences.  Is it delusion or dogma?
128x128rvpiano
Cleeds:  "That doesn't mean that everything we've heard is illusion."

Couldn't pass this up! Maybe it is! We have all thought that at sometime in our life. 
Seriously though the role of day-to day-variation in our "internal" and "external" environments, placebo effect etc. etc. seems so profound an influence to those of us who study such things. Acknowledging the contributions of such things might go along way in bridging the gap with the "I just trust my ears" (and) "we don't really know enough science to justify the physics arguments" folks.
Double Blind Studies: flawed, really hard to do right. But potential for validity in the science sense.
Trusting Your Ears:  Fun, self re-enforcing, sense of agency. No validity in the reproducible science sense. But that doesn't make it stupid or bad, or better or worse. For a hobby.  
I know it is not an original idea but sometimes the $10 glass of really good Zin is the most cost effective tweak of all.
ganainm
Cleeds:  "That doesn't mean that everything we've heard is illusion."

Couldn't pass this up! Maybe it is!
You're certainly free to believe that unless you are blindfolded everything you hear, see and feel is an illusion. I think that's a nonsensical way to go through life.
"....  I think that's a nonsensical way to go through life."

Yes, well, it sort of all is.
Just put in a pair of Kimber Select KS 1130 between my pre pro and my amp all solid core silver loving them opened up nicely