The best mini monitors you have heard?

Two ways, either stand-mounted or small floor standers. If you have good experience, could you share? I have been using the Kharma 3.2s for a few years, so take that as my reference point. I have heard the Magico Minis...impressive initially but too aggressive for prolonged listening..and arguably overpriced IMHO. I haven't heard the MKII version. I recently heard the Dynaudio Confidence C1, driven by Plinius electronics. I was impressed, esp when i found out it can be had for 1/3 to 1/4 the price of the 3.2s or the Minis. What else is out there? please share.
128x128alectiong
I have to say I heard a few and in my apt the Proac super tablettes were to me just the ticket. The best imaging I ever heard just floating in space all hocked up to a pair of quicksilver 8417 original monos.
My Reference 3A Dulcet sound mighty fine with VAC Musicbloc tube amps.

http://iar-80.com/page65.html

I agree with the above poster about the Dynaudio C1 -- a very good monitor (clearly better than the very good Special 25).

But Audiomachina's (Dr. Karl Schuemann's) Ultimate Monitors, which I just purchased and have been listening to over the last week, are the best monitor I have heard. The name says it all.
i just purchased the Marten 'Dukes'; a small stand mounted 2-way, for the rear channels as i have added multi-channel to my 2-channel room.

read about them here

i have not yet listened to them as 2-channel speakers but i am quite impressed by how they seem to compliment my front speakers.....the Evolution Acoustics MM3's.

i choose them because i had always thought the Martens sounded similar to the Kharma which has a similar sound to the MM3's. it uses the Acouton Ceramic mid-range.

they are not cheap at about $7500 list price including stands; but they are beautifully built and have that certain refinement typically not found in speakers in this price range.

another wonderful small monitor is the Dynaudio Audience 52se which i use in my family room with my plasma......it regularly suprises me with outstanding sound.....and it's around $1200 the pair.

additional thought---the Dukes would likely sound better on more types of amps than the Magico and are an easier load. i like the Magico but find it borderline clinical. i'm using a cheap (but good) digital amp on the Dukes and they sound natural.
You could check out Ridge Street's Monitor
Wilson Duettes is another fine choice